The Jigsaw Maker (Transita) (Transita)

by Adrienne Dines | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 190517523x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wyldetwo of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 4/17/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wyldetwo from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, April 17, 2008
Synopsis
When stranger Jim Nealon walks into Lizzie Flynn's shop and proposes that she help him make his beautiful jigsaws, Lizzie agrees. It's a project that she can fit into her humdrum life without making too many changes. She's about to turn fifty - she could do with a distraction. Then, Jim shows her the photographs he intends to use. Now, the settled picture was that Lizzie's life is in the air, falling in a thousand different pieces. As she scrambles to put her life back together again, Lizzie is startled to realise that it can't be done. It was never a whole picture anyway. Too many of the pieces didn't fit. And one piece is missing. The "Jigsaw Maker" is the story of Lizzie's journey towards the truth.

Journal Entry 2 by beckydore from Torpoint, Cornwall United Kingdom on Sunday, April 20, 2008
Thanks for bringing this to the Convention for me. Must try out the new wishlist features later to remove it!! Hope you enjoyed the weekend.

Journal Entry 3 by beckydore from Torpoint, Cornwall United Kingdom on Monday, May 26, 2008
Lizzie Flynn lost her innocence in 1969 but doesn't realise the truth until 2006. I laughed out loud at the confusion at the 'unmarried mothers' home.

Released 11 yrs ago (5/26/2008 UTC) at Grahamstown in A bookcrosser , -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Left with Mum - I think she will enjoy it.

Journal Entry 5 by jacquidore from Torpoint, Cornwall United Kingdom on Monday, May 26, 2008
Left at the house by Becky yesterday for me to read. I will pass it back once read.

Journal Entry 6 by jacquidore from Torpoint, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 03, 2008
The jigsaw about the school coach reminded me about the old grey coach we had at Boarding School. This was used to ferry us to the station at the end of the week or on trips to the Eistedfodd or Skipton Castle. On one occassion I spent the journey crotcheting a beret! There were other events in the book that reminded me of things that happened in my school days.

Will pass back to Becky.