Your Lover: Volume 1 (Your Lover)

by Seungwon Han | Graphic Novels |
ISBN: 1600091903 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingk00kaburrawing of San Jose, California USA on 4/9/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingk00kaburrawing from San Jose, California USA on Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Rec'd via Bookmooch.com.

Product Description
Celebrating the intricate spirit of European-style romance comes Your Lover, a quintessential romance story from the best Korean romance artist of our generation, Seungwon Han. Paying homage to the real-life tragic passion between Parisian painter Marie Laurencin and the famous French poet Guillaume Apollinaire, Your Lover paints an elaborate portrait of heart-breaks, unforgettable past experiences and unrealized dreams. Marie loves her fianc? Woobin dearly, but Woobin dies in a tragic accident and Marie must return from France to rebuild her shattered life with Woobin's family. There exists only one problem: Woobin's younger brother Gangbin looks exactly like him. The flame of passion erupts between them but a car collision takes Marie's life. Soon after, Gangbin receives a letter in the mail that Marie wrote it just before her death, dedicating her love with new conviction and promising him a smile-filled return. Her letter's last words to Gangbin ??Your lover, Marie.?

Journal Entry 2 by wingk00kaburrawing from San Jose, California USA on Monday, April 14, 2008
Amazon's description doesn't match this volume; maybe it's referring to the whole series? (In which case, oops! Major spoilers.) Mediocre, hyper-romantic comic from Korea. It's a complicated love web when Marie returns to to Korea after living in France with her fiance Woobin, who was tragically killed in a car accident. His younger brother, Gangbin, has always been in love with Marie and now that he resembles his brother so, she finds herself fighting to ignore her rising passion for him. There are a few girls Gangbin has been seeing, and they crop up now and again to demand his attention (but they always fail. After all, they aren't the heroine!) Not much really happens in this first volumel; just like Marie's grief over Woobin's death, the story seems determined to linger and go nowhere.

Journal Entry 3 by wingk00kaburrawing at Through the mail in To a Moocher, BookMooch -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 17, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (4/17/2008 UTC) at Through the mail in To a Moocher, BookMooch -- Controlled Releases

sent to Kristy Buzbee of Springville, UT to fulfill a request on Bookmooch.com!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, February 22, 2009
I mooched this from bookmooch. As I'm building my manga/manhwa collection, the book will stay on my shelves awhile. I also happen to be known as a manga/manhwa collector by several people in my small town, so the book will probably be borrowed quite a bit.:)

CAUGHT IN INDIANA USA