The Tale of Genji (Dover Thrift Editions)

by Lady Murasaki | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by mollyanna of San Diego, California USA on 4/19/2008
Journal Entry 1 by mollyanna from San Diego, California USA on Saturday, April 19, 2008
"Completed in the early 11th century, "The Tale of Genji" is considered the supreme masterpiece of Japanese prose literature, and one of the world's earliest novels."

Journal Entry 2 by PokPok from Vista, California USA on Saturday, August 16, 2008
I'm sending this off to buocl, to maintain as part of BC's "1001 Books to Read Before you Die" Library. Enjoy, dear readers!

Pokpok

Journal Entry 3 by PokPok at Akron, Ohio USA on Saturday, August 16, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (8/19/2008 UTC) at Akron, Ohio USA

Donating to the 1001 BTRBYD library! Enjoy!

Pokpok

Journal Entry 4 by buocl from Medina, Ohio USA on Thursday, August 21, 2008
Received this book in the mail from PokPok for the 1001 library. I will register it with the library the next time I am librarian (in a week or two). I also plan to read it. Thanks for the donation PokPok!

Journal Entry 5 by 1001-library from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

This book was donated by PokPok for the 1001 library, but is in my possession. If you are interested in checking out this book, contact buocl.

Note - this is not the complete Tales of Genji, but the first of the 6 parts. This would be a good one to read to find out if you are interested in continuing with the rest of the book.

Journal Entry 6 by buocl at Medina, Ohio USA on Sunday, January 18, 2015
1001 Library seems to be defunct, and I have had this book for 6 1/2 years. Wild released to find a home! Left in the free book box near Family Video behind Medina Supply.