The Sky People

by Grace, Patricia | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Otakuu of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 4/7/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Otakuu from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, April 07, 2008
Purchased to read on the way to the COnvention in London and release there

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, April 18, 2008
Borrowed from Otakuu to read on the plane.

A great collection of powerful stories, ranging from the light and funny to the more difficult. I think my favourite has got to be "Ngati Kangaru" - a brilliant story!

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 3 by constantweader from Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Friday, April 25, 2008
Handed to me by the delightful Otakuu :)
(It was a pleasure meeting you at last, my friend.)

Journal Entry 4 by constantweader from Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Enjoyable and thought-provoking stories. Sending it on its way!

Journal Entry 5 by jordi82 from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Monday, July 28, 2008
I think it's a good book, but it's simply not my style. Great to have read something that touches upon Maori culture, though, since it's something we don't hear much about (not even while living in Australia, which is the closest you can get to New Zealand, short of going there).
I suspect people who've enjoyed Arundhati Roy's "The beauty of small things", might also love this book, because in many ways I found them similar - and I dis... well, didn't quite like them as much as I might have, for the same reasons: most of the time I don't quite know what's going on, what they're going on about, and while metaphores can be utterly beautiful, my brain often works just differently enough, to totally miss the point. Trust me: it's not the writer's fault or the book's - it's simply that my brain works in too linear a way!

Journal Entry 6 by jordi82 at Hostel International/YHA in Washington, District of Columbia USA on Monday, July 28, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (7/28/2008 UTC) at Hostel International/YHA in Washington, District of Columbia USA

This nice little book has made it to it's third continent - and has found a nice (temporary) home in the open library of the Youth Hostel in Washington DC.