Wish List Bookbox Journal

by Bookcrossers | Journals | This book has not been rated.
Registered by itpdx of Portland, Oregon USA on 5/15/2008
Journal Entry 1 by itpdx from Portland, Oregon USA on Thursday, May 15, 2008
This is the Journal to accompany my Wish List Book Box.
The box will start out in late May with the following books:

Life of Pi

top-tappser
Bluestocking88
CollegeLady
jnpert

This book box has returned home.

Journal Entry 2 by itpdx at Portland, Oregon USA on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Released 14 yrs ago (5/21/2008 UTC) at Portland, Oregon USA

The box is on its way to perryfran.
Delivery confirmation 03071790000228781333

Journal Entry 3 by wingperryfranwing from Elk Grove, California USA on Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Received today. Thanks itpdx! Some good books to choose from. I will make my selections and get the box traveling this weekend if I get an address.

Took out:

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
Body Farm by Patricia Cornwell
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

Journal Entry 4 by wingperryfranwing at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 31, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (5/31/2008 UTC) at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

On its way to Busyangel in Tampa, FL

USPS DC# 0308 0070 0002 1160 3067

Added 6/30/08:
USPS website shows this box was delivered:

Label/Receipt Number: 0308 0070 0002 1160 3067

Status: Delivered Your item was delivered at 3:06 PM on June 7, 2008 in TAMPA, FL 33611.

Journal Entry 5 by Busyangel from Tampa, Florida USA on Saturday, July 19, 2008
This book box has been stalled with me due to me being in the hospital and very ill. I am sorry and it is not like me to stall a book box. Thanks for understanding everyone.

Journal Entry 6 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I received this box in today's mail. I can't wait to decide which books I will be exchanging! I've got a busy afternoon planned taking my daughter to the dentist after school and eating out with the family. I will make my exchanges and journal them tonight, then get this in the mail to the next person as soon as I get the address to send to.

Journal Entry 7 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Okay....so I lied about making my exchanges later tonight. I did intend to do that, but I was so excited to have a whole box of books to look through that I could not wait. :-) I decided to go ahead and sift through this box and put something else off until we get back home tonight.

I took out 4:

Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Strangers by Dean Koontz
Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson
Jack & Jill by James Patterson

I see some other really great books in this box that I have already read and a couple that I already have on Mount TBR. I will get the box in the mail as soon as I verify the address that I have for HeresDeb, hopefully by tomorrow.

Journal Entry 8 by ladybug74 at Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (8/14/2008 UTC) at Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

off in the mail to HeresDeb

Journal Entry 9 by HeresDeb from Grayslake, Illinois USA on Tuesday, August 26, 2008
This box was waiting for me when I got home from vacation. I looked through it and saw lots of quality books! Like ladybug, I've read some but there are several I haven't. It's going to be hard to decide which to take and which to leave for others to enjoy. I'll journal again once I've made my oh-so-tough decisions.

Journal Entry 10 by HeresDeb from Grayslake, Illinois USA on Wednesday, September 3, 2008
OK, after some tough thought, I took out:
--The Pact
--Salem Falls
--Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas
--The Mermaid Chair

I put in:
--The Secret Life of Bees (#40)
--Poisonwood Bible (#99)
--Water for Elephants (#10)
--Brave New World (#55)

I hope everyone else has as much fun with this as I did!

Journal Entry 11 by HeresDeb at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (9/3/2008 UTC) at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sending off to Sweetsangria, next on the list.

Journal Entry 12 by sweetsangria from Estacada, Oregon USA on Wednesday, September 17, 2008
This showed up on my doorstep today. Yay!

I'm taking out:
-wicked
-mercy
-the memory keeper's daughter(a wishlist book!)

I'm putting in:
-Practical magic by Alice Hoffman(#38)
-Blackberry wine by Joanne Harris(#20)
-How to be good by Nick Hornby(#25)
-Man crazy by Joyce Carol Oates(#93)

Sent to top-tappser on 9/25
confirmation #03063030000095599727

Journal Entry 13 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Monday, September 29, 2008
Rec'd today via the postman. This is the first bookbox I have been part of! There are some decisions to make now, but I hope to have it back on the road before I leave on vacation in one week.

Journal Entry 14 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Thursday, October 2, 2008
I took out

Welcome to the Monkey House by Kurt Vonnegut
The Pact by Jodi Picoult
Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
and
Humboldt's Gift by Saul Bellow(not on any top 100 list but on the list of the person who follows me.)

Journal Entry 15 by top-tappser at Bonney Lake, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 6, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (10/6/2008 UTC) at Bonney Lake, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to the next person on today.

Delivery Confirmation #0307 0020 0002 5046 6865

Journal Entry 16 by Bluestocking88 from -- Wild released somewhere in the state, Washington USA on Wednesday, October 8, 2008
This arrived safely in today's mail. I already plucked "Running with Scissors" from the bottom of the box, and hope to move it along shortly.

Journal Entry 17 by Bluestocking88 from -- Wild released somewhere in the state, Washington USA on Thursday, October 30, 2008
I was waiting for CollegeLady's address, but realized it's on RABCK.com. I have taken:

The Infinite Plan by Isabel Allende
and Naked by David Sedaris

I have added:

The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory and
Littly Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner

I'll be putting the box into the hands of the USPS later today. Thank you for letting me have a turn.

Journal Entry 18 by Bluestocking88 from -- Wild released somewhere in the state, Washington USA on Thursday, October 30, 2008
Mailed out this afternoon. Delivery Confirmation #0308204000018010214

Thanks again!

Journal Entry 19 by jnpert from Ridgefield, Connecticut USA on Thursday, December 11, 2008
Received this yesterday. Will make my selections and send it home!

OK, I removed:
Jack and Jill by James Patterson
The Body Farm by Patricia Cornwell
My husband wanted both of these!

I've added:
On Beauty by Zadie Smith
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

Thanks!

Journal Entry 20 by jnpert at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (12/17/2008 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending this bookbox home! Hopefully it will be safe and sound on its journey during the holiday season.

Delivery confirmation: 0308 1400 0000 4308 8395

Journal Entry 21 by itpdx from Portland, Oregon USA on Tuesday, December 30, 2008
The Wish List Bookbox has made it back to me in Portland, OR. It has been travelling for 7 months and has visited 9 bookcrossers and has come back chock full of interesting books. I will journal them all soon. Thank you all who have participated! And have a 2009 full of excellent reading.