The God of Animals: A Novel (ARC)

by Aryn Kyle | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by rootmartin of Wellesley, Massachusetts USA on 4/5/2008
Journal Entry 1 by rootmartin from Wellesley, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, April 05, 2008
"When her older sister runs away to marry a rodeo cowboy, twelve-year-old Alice Winston is left to bear the brunt of her family's troubles -- a depressed, bedridden mother; a reticent, overworked father; and a run-down horse ranch in Desert Valley, Colorado. To make ends meet, the Winstons board the horses of rich neighbors, and as their lives become intertwined with the lives of their clients, Alice is drawn into an adult world of secrest and hard truths. She soon discovers that people -- including herself -- can be cruel, can lie and cheat, and every once in a while, can do something heartbreaking and selfless."

Journal Entry 2 by rootmartin from Wellesley, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, June 19, 2008
Mailing to spiderchic for the July JOE exchange since it is on her wishlist.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by spiderchic from Droylsden, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Received as part of Bookobsessed JOE Gal Exchange - Thank You.

Read this book last week and found it very enjoyable.

Journal Entry 4 by msjoanna from Columbia, Missouri USA on Monday, January 05, 2009
Received for as JOE's January gal! Thanks very much!

Journal Entry 5 by msjoanna from Columbia, Missouri USA on Monday, August 03, 2009
I got another copy of this from the Reading Divas, so I'm setting this one as AVL.

Journal Entry 6 by msjoanna at JOE Exchange, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 25, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (1/25/2010 UTC) at JOE Exchange, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases

This is on its way to a JOE Exchange member who had it on her wishlist. I have a different copy of this one that I'm keeping to read.

Journal Entry 7 by lmn60 from Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Monday, March 01, 2010
And it arrived safely in the 'land down under', ms joanna! Thanks heaps!

Journal Entry 8 by lmn60 at Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Saturday, May 25, 2019
Finally worked my way through Mt TBR to reach this one! Although I appreciated the quality of the writing, I found I wasn't gripped by this novel. I'll take it along to meetup in hopes that a new reader is more appreciative of it than I was!

Journal Entry 9 by lmn60 at Henry and the Fox in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, May 25, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (5/26/2019 UTC) at Henry and the Fox in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, lmn60, as your referring member. Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 10 by KKslibrary at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, May 26, 2019
Caught at Meetup

Journal Entry 11 by KKslibrary at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Alice Winston is 12 years old when her older sister runs off and marries a rodeo rider, she is left to deal with her depressed, bed ridden mother and helping her over worked father on their run down horse ranch. To make ends meet they board rich people’s horses, and her father gives horse riding lessons to a young rich girl. Alice is drawn into a different world. This story is told through the eyes of a 12 year old girl, with a 12 year old perspective on things. It is a well written and compelling story about life.

Journal Entry 12 by KKslibrary at Sir Duke - Cafe in Moonee Ponds, Victoria Australia on Sunday, July 28, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (7/28/2019 UTC) at Sir Duke - Cafe in Moonee Ponds, Victoria Australia

To be released at Meetup