Nature Girl

by Carl Hiaasen | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by jenptcfan of Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on 4/4/2008
Journal Entry 1 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Friday, April 04, 2008
I picked this up at the Friends of the Library sale tonight.

Journal Entry 2 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Wednesday, June 25, 2008
I actually got a copy of this on audio book from the library and listened to it.

This was my first taste of Hiaasen's "grown up" books and I enjoyed it. Light, funny reading (or listening!).

This would probably make a good beach read.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, July 06, 2008
Thank you so much for the book! I am really enjoying the Georgia Nicholson Book Spiral that you are hosting. It's nice of you to share your books. That is a series of books I probably never would have heard about or read if you hadn't offered it as a book spiral! :-)

I am looking forward to reading this book. It's a gorgeous hard cover book! After I read it I will probably pass to my husband to read, then I will see who else wants to read it! :-)

Thank you again for sharing your books!

This book came to visit for a short time: Nature Girl.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Book Description: Honey Santana—impassioned, willful, possibly bipolar, self-proclaimed “queen of lost causes”—has a scheme to help rid the world of irresponsibility, indifference, and dinnertime sales calls. She's taking rude, gullible Relentless, Inc., telemarketer Boyd Shreave and his less-than-enthusiastic mistress, Eugenie—the fifteen-minute-famous girlfriend of a tabloid murderer—into the wilderness of Florida's Ten Thousand Islands for a gentle lesson in civility. What she doesn't know is that she's being followed by her Honey-obsessed former employer, Piejack (whose mismatched fingers are proof that sexual harassment in the workplace is a bad idea). And he doesn't know he's being followed by Honey's still-smitten former drug-running ex-husband, Perry, and their wise-and-protective-way-beyond-his-years twelve-year-old-son, Fry. And when they all pull up on Dismal Key, they don't know they're intruding on Sammy Tigertail, a half white - half Seminole failed alligator wrestler, trying like hell to be a hermit despite the Florida State coed who's dying to be his hostage . . .

Will Honey be able to make a mensch of a “greedhead”? Will Fry be able to protect her from Piejack—and herself? Will Sammy achieve his true Seminole self? Will Eugenie ever get to the beach? Will the Everglades survive the wild humans? All the answers are revealed in the delectably outrageous mayhem that propels this novel to its Hiaasen-of-the-highest-order climax.

My Review: I loved this story! The wacky eccentric characters and their shenanigans are just too much fun. It's hard to put down when you start reading it.

Giving to Lumbermoose, after he reads it, it will be ready to travel again.

Journal Entry 5 by Lumbermoose at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, March 29, 2015
Thanks, JennyC! Enjoyed this one. Hiaasen rarely disappoints.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, April 07, 2015
This is starting out in Round #13 of the Bookstogive's General Literature VBB.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (1/13/2016 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to Ladyveg from the General Literature VBB. Enjoy the book!

July 13, 2016: I have sent several messages asking LadyVeg if she received the book and to journal it if she has it. I have had no response, so not sure if it's lost in the mail or not. :-S