Le soleil de minuit

by Pierre Benoit | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by LeishaCamden of Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 4/4/2008
Journal Entry 1 by LeishaCamden from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, April 04, 2008
The following is written on the front cover of this book:

'Si vous avez aimé les chefs - d'æuvre de PIERRE BENOIT de l'Academie francaise parus dans Le Livre de Poche vous aimerez LE SOLEIL DE MINUIT'

There's no text on the back cover.

I don't know anything about this book, I've never read it, and my French is nowhere near good enough to do so either. I bought this book just to release it. This is a book that's going to travel ... ! ;-)

This is a paperback edition from Le Livre de Poche, originally published in 1930 as far as I can tell. Not sure when this copy is from, but it must be much later than that. Ca 1960? The cover shows a drawing of a young woman. I'll take a picture. :-)

The edges of this book (ie the edges of the pages) are pink.

I bought this book at a thrift store in Sandvika in Norway (just outside of Oslo) on Thursday, March 6th, 2008.

Journal Entry 2 by LeishaCamden from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, April 04, 2008

Journal Entry 3 by LeishaCamden from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, April 04, 2008

I passed this book to sota48 at the BC meetup in Oslo today. She will give it to a coworker to wild release on my behalf somewhere abroad at some point, as part of my 'send a book to every country' project.

This will be updated as I get the necessary info about where & when the book was actually released.

Journal Entry 5 by LeishaCamden at Somewhere in the city in Lome, Lome Togo on Monday, May 05, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (5/1/2008 UTC) at Somewhere in the city in Lome, Lome Togo

This book was wild released on my behalf by a coworker of fellow BCer sota48's. I don't know where, just that it was somewhere in the city.

Happy travels, little book!!