The Wing of Night

by Brenda Walker | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by HINERANGI of Adelaide, South Australia Australia on 4/3/2008
Journal Entry 1 by HINERANGI from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Thursday, April 03, 2008
A deeply depressing novel of the First World War, and its effect on the lives of two men, and the women they left behind in Australia. The author shows remarkable insight into the horrors of battle, and the effect it has on the men involved, both during the fighting, and in the dreadful, dragging, disoriented aftermath, when men return home to find the wsorld has lost its colours, and they walk as strangers in their own land. Unfortunately, she seems to have less insight into the lives of the women, who never seemed to come alive for me in the way that the men did.

I'll release this at next week's meet-up, I think.

Journal Entry 2 by Arrietty from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Taking to put on my work bookshelf and might read it myself even though it sounds depressing.

Journal Entry 3 by MirReads from Croydon, South Australia Australia on Thursday, October 09, 2008
This was very interesting. It was not at all what I expected. I was planning a holiday to France and as this was about WWI I thought it might be good. It showed life in Australia for that time and the tough experience for Australian women.
I can recommend it. Different.

Journal Entry 4 by Arrietty at Adelaide, Bookcrossing Meetup -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (4/14/2009 UTC) at Adelaide, Bookcrossing Meetup -- Controlled Releases

For the April meetup

Journal Entry 5 by sgjim at Unley, South Australia Australia on Sunday, August 19, 2018
No one else wanted this book at the monthly BookCrossing meet-up in Adelaide (where we meet to swap books etc), so I took it for wild releasing.

Released 1 yr ago (8/20/2018 UTC) at St Andrews Hospital - South Terrace in Adelaide, South Australia Australia

Being released on the bookshelves of the third floor patient lounge / family room