Girl Meets Boy (Myths)

by Ali Smith | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingcanongatebookswing on 5/24/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingcanongatebookswing on Saturday, May 24, 2008

Journal Entry 2 by wingkiwiinenglandwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, May 24, 2008
Girl meets boy, It's a story as old as time. But what happens when an old story meets a brand new set or circumstances?

With thanks to Cannongate books for setting this free

Journal Entry 3 by wingkiwiinenglandwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Friday, August 29, 2008
I loved the style of writing in this book, the flow of words to create an atmosphere that wrapped you up and carried you along.

There are many parts of this book I would like to quote and refer to…Anthea’s description of Robin “She has the swagger of a girl. She blushed like a boy. She had a girl’s toughness. She had a boy’s gentleness. She was as brave and handsome and rough as a girl. She was as pretty and delicate and dainty as a boy”. The words make you redefine the norm, as the legend of Iphis does.

My favourite character was Imogen, whose internal dialogue of distress over everything was just so funny.

One of my favourite reads of 2008.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkiwiinenglandwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Friday, August 29, 2008
This is a special book from Cannongate books - part of the myth series.

Please leave a comment on this book at the myth series site if you can

www.themyths.co.uk/?p=15

Journal Entry 5 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Saturday, September 20, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (9/20/2008 UTC) at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom

Posting to my birthday RABCK partner. Hope you enjoy this book, I really did!!

Journal Entry 6 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Another book from my birthday buddy! Thanks, Kiwi!! Would you believe that I actually looked at this book in an airport bookstore on Friday, and thought it looked really interesting ... ?? Totally true story. What a coincidence to come home and find it waiting for me. It looks like a great read, I'm impressed with your review. Thank you so much for sharing it with me. :-)