corner corner Tales of the Country

Tales of the Country
by Brian Viner | Travel
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 3/31/2008

status (set by Azuki): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, March 31, 2008

Viner writes about his family's experiences when they move from London to rural Herefordshire. Lots of amusing anecdotes and endearing glimpses into life in Britain. Love it :)

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Lähdössä mukaan pääkaupunkiseudun miittiin.

Journal Entry 3 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Got to Vuosaari from the meeting in the center of Helsinki...

Journal Entry 4 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hilarious, funny, full of jokes, a wonderful description of a family moving from the city to the countryside!
Showing all the possible ideas, prejudices and rest people might have about living in the countryside, surviving without cappuccino (for me it would be cafe-latte) but having fun unexpectedly!
A must for everybody enjoying a good read and a view on the English countryside!

Journal Entry 5 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, May 05, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (5/5/2008 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

This book was won in the Dutch Forum's RABCK by barbje.
Leaving with the evening mail towards the Netherlands, hope it gets fast and safely there! Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 6 by wingBarbjewing from Gouda, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, May 10, 2008

Thank you! Received the book yesterday, together with some tea, hmm! I am looking forward to reading this book.

Journal Entry 7 by Anyrock at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (4/20/2018 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France

You caught me! Great. Hope you like me, please let me know...

Journal Entry 8 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, April 21, 2018

Thanks Anyrock for sharing this book. I'm always a sucker for this type of memoirs. Great meeting you in Bordeaux.