*The Book Thief

by Markus Zusak | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by GateGypsy of Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on 3/27/2008
Journal Entry 1 by GateGypsy from Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, March 27, 2008
It is 1939. Nazi Germany. The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier, and will become busier still.

By her brother's graveside, Liesel Meminger's life is changed when she picks up a single object, partially hidden in the snow. It is The Grave Digger's Handbook, left there by accident, and it is her first act of book thievery. So begins a love affair with books and words, as Liesel, with the help of her accordion-playing foster father, learns to read. Soon she is stealing books from Nazi book-burnings, the mayor's wife's library, wherever there are books to be found.
But these are dangerous times. When Liesel's foster family hides a Jew in their basement, Liesel's world is both opened up and closed down.
In superbly crafted writing that burns with intensity, award-winning author Markus Zusak has given us one of the most enduring stories of our time.

this copy is reserved for PepperVL who won it in a swap on bookosbsessed.com . Sent Sept 10/08

Journal Entry 2 by PepperVL from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Monday, September 22, 2008
Arrived today. Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to reading this. :D

Journal Entry 3 by appaloosatb from Rochester, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, August 19, 2009
This has arrived safely. Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by appaloosatb from Rochester, Minnesota USA on Monday, January 18, 2010
Oops! Somehow I ended up with two copies of this book.

This was an amazing story, I'm so glad I read it. Very, very well done.

Journal Entry 5 by appaloosatb at BookObsessed VBB, BookObsessed Swap -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 08, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (5/8/2010 UTC) at BookObsessed VBB, BookObsessed Swap -- Controlled Releases

Mailing to yourotherleft from the Teen VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by yourotherleft at Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, June 25, 2010
I've been wanting to read this book forever. Thanks a bunch!