Holy Cow! An Indian Adventure

by Sarah MacDonald | Travel | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Catwoman of Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on 3/22/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Catwoman from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 22, 2008
Unabridged; 10.5 hours; 8 CDs

Journal Entry 2 by Catwoman from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Sunday, February 07, 2010
This was a great listen. The accents for the characters really added to the enjoyment. Laugh-out-loud funny.

Journal Entry 3 by Catwoman at on Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (3/10/2010 UTC) at

Mailed to azuki today.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Friday, April 09, 2010
Received, thanks!! Looks interesting.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Took me a bit of time to get used to the Aussie and Indian accents that the reader so efforlessly switches back and forth, but the reading certainly makes it a delightful read.

I was surprised by the range of religious experience the author had in India. I expected encounter with Hinduism, Sikh and the like, but she managed to share a Jewish holiday with a group of Israeli, get her big boob wish granted by Holy Mother, experience Christianity Indian style, and provided an interesting and informative look at many religions - more than I knew existed. Amidst the chaos and humor, the author was able to look deep, find good things about each religion that makes her a better person.

I was also delighted at the mention of the visspana retreat. I found out about it a few years ago. It's an intensive ten days meditation retreat, during which no speaking or reading is allowed. When I told my very talkative husband, he thought he'd die to keep silence for ten days. For me, my reaction was more like, ten days without reading!! I don't think I've ever done that in my life!

Journal Entry 6 by mellion108 at Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Saturday, June 29, 2013
Thanks so much, azuki! You sent this to me quite a while ago, and I apologize for taking so long to journal. I have been separated from my books for a long time and am hopefully getting back into the swing of things (slowly).

I will listen to this and pass it on...hopefully more quickly than I journaled. Thanks again!