Swimming without a Net (Fred the Mermaid, Book 2)

by MaryJanice Davidson | Romance |
Registered by Kitten22 of Ellington, Connecticut USA on 3/19/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Kitten22 from Ellington, Connecticut USA on Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Purchased from Barnes & Noble.com.

I really enjoyed this. Not as much as the first book, of course. It was a nice, light, fun read.

I have to say that I agree with Fred's choice at the end of the book. It'll be interesting to read what happens next in further books!

Journal Entry 2 by Kitten22 from Ellington, Connecticut USA on Monday, June 16, 2008
Now entering Bookray status...

To join in, just PM me with your location and shipping preferences. New members will be added as they "come aboard" so check the list to confirm mailing order before sending it on.

Before you finish the book, make sure to PM the next person in line to get their address so you can send it off to them as soon as you're done.

To be kind to other readers, please don't keep the book more than 3 weeks.

As always, please journal when you receive and release the book on to its next reader. And, most importantly, enjoy!!!

Ray members so far:

JennyC1230 - US
Moody-Blue - US - US Only
sunfi - US - Int'l
penelopewanders - Switzerland - Europe Only
LittleMoo- UK - Int'l
Katayoun - Iran

Ray completed 10/7/08! Thank you all so much for participating!

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, June 25, 2008
I received this one today! I have one Bookring ahead of this and then I will read this one.

Thanks for sharing your book!

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, June 29, 2008
I finished this book yesterday. I liked it better than the first book, actually. The first one kind of zoomed around and was hard to follow. I was disappointed in the guy she picked at the end, but they left it open for a sequel!

I have the address for Moody-Blue and will send this book to her this week! :-)

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Mailed to Moody-Blue today via Media Mail - Delivery Confirmation #9102805213683113369696

Happy Travels, Little Book!

Journal Entry 6 by Moody-Blue from Montrose, Colorado USA on Friday, July 04, 2008
I can sure go for a light read right now! Will finish up my current book and get to it next week. Thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by Moody-Blue from Montrose, Colorado USA on Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Definitely enjoyable, but I have to admit that the most interesting part was the preview of the next Queen Betsy book. I guess she's still my favorite MJ Davidson character.

Journal Entry 8 by sunfi from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, July 28, 2008
Received this little guy safe and sound in the mail today. It arrived with 2 other bookrings, I'll get it onto penelopewanders within the next few weeks.

Journal Entry 9 by sunfi from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Tuesday, August 26, 2008
A continuation of the Fred the Mermaid story. This one doesn't have the same environmental message as the previous one, instead it has more of a moral one. Can humans accept other species and not dominate those that are different, but live as equals? It is an interesting questions, I really don't think that a lot of folks can. Maybe that is all ingrained in either being a human or being an American. Aside from this underlying theme, it was a quick little read, without a lot of depth. I will mail it off to the next reader by this weekend, I have one other that I am finishing up and since they are both going International I need to be at the Post Office when the counter is open. I'll JE when it is shipped. Kitten22, thanks for including me on this ring and Moody-Blue, thanks for mailing this one to me.

Journal Entry 10 by sunfi at Kettering, Ohio USA on Saturday, August 30, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (8/30/2008 UTC) at Kettering, Ohio USA

It's off on its way to penelopewanders, according to the postal worker it should be there within the next two weeks.

Journal Entry 11 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Wow, that was quick! it arrived here in the Alps today and has joined the other two rings waiting for my impatient attention - thwarted by work related reading, start of term, classes to prepare etc! But I expect to get to it soon and am looking forward to what I expect will be a quick and entertaining read. Thanks so much for sending it my way, and making this book available.

Journal Entry 12 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Thursday, September 11, 2008
Sequel to Sleeping with the Fishes, but not nearly as good. Sort of like chomping on a marshmallow. Why it's so important for Fred to push away any potential love relationship is baffling. Still glad to have been able to read it, thanks so much for making it available. I'll send it on in the next few days.

Journal Entry 13 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Bookring, .---controlled release---. Switzerland on Saturday, September 13, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (9/13/2008 UTC) at Bookring, .---controlled release---. Switzerland

On its way slowpost from the cold rainy Alps to the UK. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 14 by LittleMoo from Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, September 26, 2008
I really loved this book and actually enjoyed it more than the first. Such a great way to escape from day-to-day dullness.

It'll be on its way to katayoun as soon as I have their address.

Thanks for sharing kitten22!

Journal Entry 15 by wingkatayounwing from Tehran, Tehran Iran on Wednesday, October 08, 2008
here! here! here! thank you! thank you! thank you!! thanks LittleMoo for sending this and Kitten22 for EVERYTHING!! can't wait to read it, though have to steel myself and be strong and read two books before this, help! help! :) welllllllll atleast could torture hengameh with them :)

Journal Entry 16 by wingkatayounwing from Tehran, Tehran Iran on Monday, October 27, 2008
most, most fun!!! though i am hoping (and kind of think that this would happen) that thomas would be the winner! :) so on wedensday this being handed over to hengameh, though i must think of ways to torture her before giving her the book!! :)