The Killer Angels

by Michael Shaara | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingmelydiawing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 3/15/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingmelydiawing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, March 15, 2008
Picked up at the Book Thing in Baltimore. Looks like a good themed release for one of the many Civil War sites in Northern Virginia.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmelydiawing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, June 08, 2008
Setting this aside for MaryZee for release in Gettysburg.

Journal Entry 3 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 15, 2008
Got this from melydia today at the meetup. I'll be sending it up to MaryZee along with my books for release somewhere in Gettysburg!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Saturday, June 21, 2008
A nice box full of Civil War books arrived the other day, just as I'm getting itchy for a BC-day. I will definitely be able to have some release fun with these. I hope to release these within the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by wingmaryzeewing at Old Gettysburg Village in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, July 12, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (7/12/2008 UTC) at Old Gettysburg Village in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania USA

I had a release spree in Gettysburg today, and released a bunch on benches near this small area of shoppes between Baltimore St. and Steinwehr Ave. This was one of only 2 books still on the benches when I left, although I had seen several people check it out. So I tucked it into a BC release bag, and left it to the BC fates. Good luck, little book!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing -- maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!) Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels - You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, August 17, 2008
Great book

CAUGHT IN GETTYSBURG PA USA

Journal Entry 7 by grudisill from Gettysburg, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, August 28, 2008
It was a great book and an even greater movie (release under the title "Gettysburg")
Here is some info about the the Movie Gettysburg. It was originally supposed to be titled "The Killer Angels" due to the fact that it was based entirely on the book. It was originally to be a movie mini series on TNT. Because of the big name actors in the movie decided to put it up on the big screen in hopes of winning awards. Not sure if anyone ever has or was ever nominated. They also decided to name it "Gettysburg" to not confuse movie goers. I personally think it would have attracted more people keeping it Killer Angels. (but what do I know) Anyway, I released the book in Duck, NC when we went on vacation. The exact address was 138 (or was it 183) Teresa Ct.

Journal Entry 8 by grudisill at Duck in Duck, North Carolina USA on Thursday, August 28, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (8/22/2008 UTC) at Duck in Duck, North Carolina USA

I put it on the coffee table of the vacation house we stayed in. Still incased in its protective bag. Be safe little book.