White Rose Ensnared (Black Lace)

by Juliet Hastinge | Women's Fiction |
ISBN: 035233052x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingpenelopewanderswing of Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on 3/14/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Friday, March 14, 2008
Historical Black Lace.

Released 11 yrs ago (3/17/2008 UTC) at Bookbox sent by post (Hasliberg) in -- controlled release --, Bern / Berne Switzerland

In the Blacklace bookbox, on its way to Germany

Journal Entry 3 by book-man-8 from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Out of the "Black-Lace BookBox".

Journal Entry 4 by book-man-8 from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, August 26, 2008
A spiralling plot with surprising twists and turns and - of course - a happy-end...
This bookk is now part of the "BM8 erotic book spiral".

Journal Entry 5 by book-man-8 at on Monday, March 09, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/10/2009 UTC) at

This book is off to Athens, Grecce. Without a stop in the Swiss Alps, as it originated from there...

Journal Entry 6 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Arrived in Athens. Thanks book-man-8! I've got 7 ring books to be read at the moment, I hope I can finish them all in time.

Link to the spiral's journal.

Journal Entry 7 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Monday, March 23, 2009
From the Black Lace publisher's submission guidelines:
"It really helps if you can do a little research into the history of the genre throughout the 20th century. Get acquainted with the ‘names’: Anais Nin, Henry Miller, Georges Bataille, Hubert Selby Jnr. etc. Although literary styles have changed, the ideas these writers were dealing with have an enduring quality within the erotic genre. If you have an awareness of erotica’s place within the literary canon, your own work will benefit from that knowledge. Recently, erotic literature has had something of resurgence with titles such as Catherine M and 100 Strokes of the Brush Before Bed. It is worth checking these out."

Umm...Why does White Rose Ensnared seem like a watered-down version of Anne Rice's Beauty Trilogy with a bit of Erica Jong's Fanny thrown in? Also, the cover is more appropriate for a skincare/perfume ad than a reference to the book's theme or setting.

I foresee Rosamund craving the King's court after a couple of months of domestic bliss....

Journal Entry 8 by voveryte from Woolwich, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 28, 2009
Received today

Journal Entry 9 by voveryte from Woolwich, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, April 30, 2009
I liked this one! This is a real women erotica written for women by women. Ladies, long dresses, knights, happy-end... this is what girls like... :) Looking forward to reading more similar stories.

off to molekilby

Journal Entry 10 by molekilby from Brithdir, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, May 16, 2009
This arrived a while ago and I apologise for not journalling, real life has made its presence felt.

This was much better than the fare of Penny Birch, there was a background story that all the sex acts were hung on. The sex described didn't always descend into sodomy or the use of bodily functions.

Ready to move on next week.

Journal Entry 11 by molekilby at Royal Mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 23, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/22/2009 UTC) at Royal Mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy

Journal Entry 12 by Kera from Brixham, Devon United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 26, 2009
received in the post today

Journal Entry 13 by dark-draco from Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 30, 2009
Sorry this took me a while to read - always too much to choose from on my bookshelf! Definately the best book of the spiral so far - an actual story and erotic scenes that don't make you slightly sick! Enjoyed it immensely - thanks for sending this. It will travel onwards soon.

Released 10 yrs ago (8/1/2009 UTC) at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

Continuing on its journey...

Journal Entry 15 by wingBjorgwing from Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on Wednesday, August 05, 2009
The book has arrived:) it has to wait a bit as I got 2 bookrings yesterday but I hope I can start on it after a few days:)

Journal Entry 16 by wingBjorgwing from Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on Friday, August 14, 2009
I agree with the others before me, an actual story and very erotic scenes that don´t not make you feel a bit sick like the other books in the spiral have;) Enjoyed it very much:)

Journal Entry 17 by wingBjorgwing at Woodstock, New York USA on Friday, August 14, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/17/2009 UTC) at Woodstock, New York USA

off to the next reader now:)

Journal Entry 18 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, September 09, 2009
I'm so sorry! I forgot to journal this when it arrived. I am about to start reading this one. Sorry for not journalling earlier.

Journal Entry 19 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, September 14, 2009
Fabulous book! I really enjoyed this one more than the other ones so far. I will send this out soon.

Journal Entry 20 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Sending to awakeagain today via Media Mail, Delivery Confirmation #03080660000037054507.

Your item was delivered at 11:07 AM on December 22, 2009 in HACKETTSTOWN, NJ 07840

Journal Entry 21 by awakeagain from Port Murray, New Jersey USA on Sunday, January 03, 2010
Received this a couple of days ago and expect to start either tonight or tomorrow.

Journal Entry 22 by awakeagain from Port Murray, New Jersey USA on Sunday, January 24, 2010
On it's way to IceAgent. Thanks for including me in this spiral.

Journal Entry 23 by IceAgent at Madsen, Ontario Canada on Monday, June 21, 2010