Full Moon Rising (Riley Jensen, Guardian, Book 1)

by Keri Arthur | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Werwuffi of München, Bayern Germany on 3/12/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Werwuffi from München, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Viel Sex, ein wenig Werwolf, ein wenig Vampir.

Journal Entry 2 by kiki66 from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Heute beim meet-up mitgenommen...
bin ja mal gespannt.. :-)

from amazon:
Australian author Arthur's fast-paced fantasy-romance, the first in a new series, introduces part vampire, part werewolf Riley Jenson, who works for Melbourne's Directorate of Other Races, as does her twin brother, Rhoan. When Rhoan goes missing, a naked yet powerful vampire, Quinn, appears on Riley's doorstep and asks for her aid. Riley and Quinn team up to find Rhoan, investigate the mysterious deaths of Directorate agents and determine who's been creating vampire and werewolf clones. Despite their mutual attraction, Quinn—once heartbroken by a werewolf lover—will never fully trust another werewolf, but that doesn't stop him from helping Riley through the lust that engulfs werewolves in the days leading up to the full moon. Strong, smart and capable, Riley will remind many of Anita Blake, Laurell K. Hamilton's kick-ass vampire hunter.

As I am nearly done with this book I thought of offering it as a ray...
It is fun to read though I don't know whether I will read the other sequels.

Edit; well, now that I have finished the book I must say maybe I HAVE to read the other sequels...

Journal Entry 3 by kiki66 from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Monday, April 21, 2008
So, das Ganze wird nun als Ray in die Welt geschickt:

Huntgodess (Port.)
piggydiva (USA)
BooksnBeer (USA)
amberC (AUS)

Released 11 yrs ago (4/24/2008 UTC) at BookRing in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany

So - the book started its journey today!

Have fun!

Journal Entry 5 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, April 30, 2008
This arrived in the Alps today. I have a few other books to finish first, but should get to it soon. Looks like fun. Thanks so much for making this available!

Journal Entry 6 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, May 05, 2008
Fun, fast read. Totally new take on vampires and werewolves... Now I would love to read the sequel! Thanks for making this available, I hope to get it posted within a few days.

This ring is on its way from the very sunny and summery Alps back down to Germany. Thanks so much for making this avialable -is the sequel available?? :)

Journal Entry 8 by Tiamat-muc from München, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Buch ist wieder gut in München angekommen, den Buch"kettenbrief" gebe ich allerdings an den nächsten Leser weiter. 36 Bücher kann ich beim besten Willen gerade nicht brauchen - ich komm ja so schon kaum zum lesen (c:
Den vielen Sex nehm ich in Angriff, wenn ich die 4 Argeneauvampirbücher durch habe - spätestens also Mitte Juni

Und Mitte Juni ist es. Heute, am 23.06. habe ich angefangen zu lesen. Leider arbeite ich nun wieder täglich, so dass ich nur schleppend vorankommen werde (vielleicht ist das Buch aber auch so gut, dass es es schafft, mich nach der Arbeit zu fesseln...)

Journal Entry 9 by Tiamat-muc from München, Bayern Germany on Friday, July 04, 2008
Nice read - despite the moonfever-sexscenes which were a little bit too often in my opinion. If there is somebody offering the sequel(s), I would like to read them too (c:

Released 11 yrs ago (7/14/2008 UTC) at Per Post verschickt in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany

Laut meiner Freundin schickt sie dieses Buch heute weiter

Journal Entry 11 by ParadizeApple on Thursday, July 17, 2008
Now that was fast! Thanks T-M :-)

Journal Entry 12 by DieHenkerin from Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany on Thursday, November 06, 2008
Heute wohlbehalten bei mir angekommen. Thanks!

Journal Entry 13 by DieHenkerin from Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, November 10, 2008
Usually, I like sex-scenes but in this case I can say that sometimes less is more...
Nonetheless, I'd like to read the sequel. :o)

Does anyone of you know whether there's a ray of "Kissing Sin"?

This book will travel on as soon as I get the next address...

18.11.2008: ekaterin4luv doesn't answer my PMs so I now asked for pippis address.

Released 10 yrs ago (11/26/2008 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Niedersachsen Germany

I finally made it to the post office...

Journal Entry 15 by wingpippiswing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Book arrived today, thank you! I'll try to get to reading it asap.

Journal Entry 16 by wingpippiswing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Absolutely a great and quick read! A totally new perspective to vamps and werewolves, an amazing mixture of fantasy and action..errr..action as in chases and fights. A bit over the top at times, but very entertaining. So that being said, I'd be ready to read the sequels too, if there are rays or rings going around.

Just waiting for an answer from the next in line and the book will travel forward.

Journal Entry 17 by wingpippiswing at Fellow Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (1/21/2009 UTC) at Fellow Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

The book will be mailed to Huntgodess to Portugal!
Fbeatriz informed me that she cannot take part in the ray.

Journal Entry 18 by Huntgodess from Barreiro, Setúbal Portugal on Friday, January 23, 2009
It arrived today. Thanks very much for sharing this book.
I'll start to read it soon. I'll try not to keep it for more than a month.
I'll post again when I finish the book.

Journal Entry 19 by Huntgodess at Fellow Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 02, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/4/2009 UTC) at Fellow Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

I read it all in no time. I started reading it at a normal pace, but then the story got to me, so I couldn't stop until the end (actually I had to stop a little to sleep, because my eyes were closing against my will).

I loved the book. I love vampires and mixed breeds, I'm also on the I want to read the rest club... If anyone knows a ring or ray of the next book, please feel free to PM me...

I just didn't like the sex descriptions. They were exciting enough, but Riley would have sex for 4 hours or so and all the reader gets is, they did this and that, and Riley has an orgasm (nice this is about 15 minutes of sex) but then all we get is they did sex for 4 hours in every room in the house (and for the next 4 hours of sex we only get the places where they did it)...
I like sex in books... I'm a perv, I know!

The book will go to piggydiva next Wednesday (that is my next trip to the post office)

Journal Entry 20 by piggydiva from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Received the book some time when I was travelling around for job interviews. I will get to it asap (I am now driving around for job interviews, so unfortunately, I can't drive and read simultaneously).

Can't wait!

Journal Entry 21 by piggydiva from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Saturday, March 28, 2009
I liked the book until around pg 280 when Keri Arthur pulled a Laurell Hamilton, "Geez, Quinn, looks like you're going to have to f*** her." Ug, how crude! It really turned me off for the next 100 pages. Up until then I kind of liked the book. I wouldn't turn down reading the next one in the series, and I have already purchased her book Kissing Sin, so hopefully, the LKH-boob in this book was a fluke.

Contacting BooksnBeer for her address.

Journal Entry 22 by piggydiva at Colby, Kansas USA on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/31/2009 UTC) at Colby, Kansas USA

Congratulations on finding the book! Yes! It is free. You can keep it, give it to a friend, or release it back into "the wild" when you've finished with it. I ask only that you journal the book using the BCID # that is inside of the front cover. That way I know it hasn't been thrown away.

And if you do become a member (it is all financially free, spam free, and anonymous) each time this book is journaled, you can receive an email about its adventures. Be sure to mention you were referred by piggydiva so I can count you as a friend!

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 23 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Saturday, April 04, 2009
Alright! I received this one today. Just my kind of book, I can't wait to get into this one - Vampires and werewolves all in one.

Journal Entry 24 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Friday, June 05, 2009
Finished this book while on travel. I enjoyed the book, I liked the strong female character. I didn't like the "need sex" stuff. I haven't run across that aspect of werewolf life. I do look forward to reading the next in the series. I also have another Keri Arthur book on my TBR that is part of another series and I look forward to seeing how she handles other supernatural characters.

I will be sending on probably next week - need to find time to get to the Post Office.

Journal Entry 25 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Monday, June 22, 2009
opps - I forgot to log that I put this into the post on June 16th.

Journal Entry 26 by wingamberCwing from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Monday, June 29, 2009
A lovely surprise waiting for me when I arrived home from a week away. I had forgotten this was on the way.

Journal Entry 27 by wingamberCwing from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Thursday, July 02, 2009
I enjoyed this take on werewolf and vampire realtionships. Sure, there was lots of sex, but I didn't find it to be too much. Now I'm looking for the rest of the series.

Journal Entry 28 by wingamberCwing at Palmerston, Northern Territory Australia on Friday, August 14, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/14/2009 UTC) at Palmerston, Northern Territory Australia

Taking to the meet-up at Hungry Hearts.

Journal Entry 29 by sally906 from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Friday, August 14, 2009
Picked up at our meet-up this morning - vampire and werewolf in one package - looking forwards to this one.

Journal Entry 30 by sally906 from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Sunday, August 16, 2009
Riley Jenson is not your ordinary Melbourne citizen. Riley may look like a drop dead gorgeous red-headed woman - but she is half werewolf and half vampire, working as an administrative officer for the Directorate of Other Species. The Directorate is a government body which is a blend of police and military and specialises in the capture of non-human criminals. They also do research into the different species. Their official officers are called guardians - they don't really arrest - they have the power to capture, judge and execute. Someone is killing the guardians - ten have gone missing - now Riley's twin brother Rhoan, who is a guardian, has disappeared.

I enjoyed this book - even though they are twins Rhoan is more vampire than wolf while Riley is more werewolf and has telepathic abilities. She also has a stronger sexual urge than her brother. All werewolves have these urges - every full moon they give into their lusts and have all night sex sessions with whoever they can lay their hands on. This suited the characters very well and was not put off by it - a lot less graphic and frequent than the Anita Blake books - which I stopped reading very quickly. This is not a promiscuous character, in fact Riley even gets annoyed that the urges stops her investigating, as she can't concentrate anything until those hungers are appeased. If you like your paranormal books to have some erotic going on and a nice plot/story then this is an easy read and splendid book for you. The action is fairly fast-paced and it is hard to tell at times who you can trust in Riley's life. Plot is believable - come on it has werewolves, vampires and gryphons - if you believe they are possible, then the plot must be real!!!

This is the first in the series, and I am going to read more of it.

Reserved for Oz VBB

Journal Entry 31 by sally906 at Australia Post, Virtual Bookbox OZ -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (12/1/2009 UTC) at Australia Post, Virtual Bookbox OZ -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to bckoh by surface mail

Journal Entry 32 by bekoh from Fern Bay, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, December 09, 2009
collected as part of OzVBB round 17 - thanks! Just in time for a holiday read.

Journal Entry 33 by bekoh from Fern Bay, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, January 07, 2010
A quick enjoyable read. I'll keep an eye out for more in the series.

Journal Entry 34 by bekoh at Warners Bay, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (3/13/2010 UTC) at Warners Bay, New South Wales Australia