Kate Remembered

by A. Scott Berg | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by jennannej of Coronado, California USA on 3/9/2008
Journal Entry 1 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Sunday, March 09, 2008
Picked this up at The Dollar Tree a few years back. I didn't think this book was fantastic. But, A. Scott Berg HAS written a really good bio of Lindbergh. This book isn't a proper bio. It's more of a memoir, if that's the right word, of their relationship and conversations. I think I prefer watching Hepburn to reading about her personal life.

Journal Entry 2 by jennannej at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, December 21, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (12/22/2008 UTC) at Woodstock, Georgia USA

It took me almost 2 weeks to find this book! It was behind a dresser in the basement, at the bottom of a stack of 5 boxes of books (in between other boxes) at the bottom of the bottom box. Whew!

I hope to get this in the mail tomorrow to another bookcrosser. Merry Christmas!

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, January 04, 2009
Thank you so much for the books! I really like to read about actors and actresses from the 1940's-1960's. I have never read a book about Katherine Hepburn, so I am looking forward to reading it! Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, September 13, 2010
My Review: I liked this book! I love Katharine Hepburn movies, she is such a strong character. She doesn't fade into the background and I like that.

This book is written from A. Scott Berg's perspective, he met Kate in the early 1980's and stayed a close friend until her death. I thought it was interesting how she sort of lived like a hermit, not going out in public much, staying close to her house on the beach in Connecticut. But she still seemed to have such a zest for life, going swimming in the ocean everyday, even in the freezing weather.

She seemed to confide a lot in A. Scott Berg. There was more information on her relationship with Spencer Tracy, that was a topic she didn't really discuss at all.

I think my favorite part was when Michael Jackson came to dinner and acted really shy. He was a big fan of Kate's and wanted to meet her. She had to ask him to remove his sunglasses, since she thought it was rude.

I am saving this for a Biography Bookbox I am starting soon.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, March 22, 2011
This book wasn't chosen from the bookbox, so it's available.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Wrap It Up Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, June 23, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (6/24/2011 UTC) at Wrap It Up Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Putting this book into Bookstogive's Wrap It Up Bookbox.

The First line: "I’ve never felt so intimidated ringing a doorbell."

Journal Entry 8 by copchic905 at St. Louis, Missouri USA on Monday, July 18, 2011
Pulled this book from the Wrap It Up Bookbox hosted by waternixie July 2011. Can't wait to read it & rerelease it. :)