Pies and Prejudice In search of the North

by Stuart Maconie | Entertainment | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 9780091910235 Global Overview for this book
Registered by isisjem of Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 3/8/2008
Journal Entry 1 by isisjem from Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 08, 2008
From the back cover: "A Northerner in exile, Stuart Maconie goes on a journey in search of the North, attempting to discover where the cliches end and the truth begins. He travels from Wigan Pier to Blackpool Tower and Newcastle's Bigg Market to the Lake District to find his own Northern Soul, Encountering along the way an exotic cast of chippy Scousers, pie-eating woollybacks, topless Geordies, mad-for-it Mancs, Yorkshire nationalists and brothers in Southern exile."

Released 4 mos ago (11/17/2018 UTC) at Kings Arms, corner of Holywell Street in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Taking this along to the BC meet at the Kings Arms, Oxford where I hope it will find a good home (or mildly bad one) :-)

Journal Entry 3 by herrgirl at Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 17, 2018
Picked up at the Oxford meet today, encouraged by my daughter chelseagirl, as I am a Northener. As it's written by a fellow Northerner I hope it won't make me shout too much at silly errors or prejudices!