A Thousand Splendid Suns

by Khaled Hosseini | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by RalieghDog of Scottsdale, Arizona USA on 3/2/2008
Journal Entry 1 by RalieghDog from Scottsdale, Arizona USA on Sunday, March 02, 2008
From the author of the Kite Runner I have heard many say this book is even better which is hard to imagine given the brillancy of that story. I look forward to reading it.
*******************************************************This is a hardback book club edition

Journal Entry 2 by RalieghDog from Scottsdale, Arizona USA on Thursday, December 11, 2008
I heard serveral people say liked this book better than "The Kite Runner". I'm not sure if I would agree with that although perhaps I ended up caring about these characters a little bit more. There is not doubt that the writing is beautiful but at times I found the tension createtd by the oppression of these two women to be hard to bear, which may account for it taking me over a month to finish it. In the end it was well worth the journey. It's hard to imagine that in all that despair and violence I struggled to read through there was so much beauty, hope, love and redemption that I would take away as my enduring memories of the book.