Surprise BookXerpts (Romance/Chicklit)

Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 3/1/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 01, 2008
Here's what we do...

I will send photocopies of the first page of Chapter 1 (not prologues) 8 books to the first person on the list.

Each photocopy will be marked with my Bookcrossing name and numbered 1-8. The title of the book and the author's name won't be visible.

The person who receives these, can take out up to 2 bookxerpts and replace each with one of their own....remembering to mark their BC name on & to number them.
(Please don't take more than one bookxerpt from each player)

The bookxerpts are then sent to the next on the list & so on.

You then PM the person whose bookxerpt you have selected with the book number & your address....& a surprise book will be on it's way to you!

Please aim to send requested books out within about 2 weeks of receiving the PM.

list of players so far...any new ones will be added at the end!
emlar (UK)
nikel27 (Germany)
solskinn (Austria)
kalise (Austria)
Sunshine-irl (Ireland)
Smurphie (UK)<--------xcerpts are here!
Scruffykaz (UK)
and finish back with me, Plum-crazy!

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 02, 2008
Will everbody please do a journal entry saying which excerpt is being taken out & put in.....& don't forget to send your address to the person whose book you are requesting!

Journal Entry 3 by emlar from Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, March 22, 2008
Received the Xerpts! Thank you.

I shall take number 3 and number 8 from you Plum-Crazy if that is okay!

Will PM Plum-Crazy with requests and address, and PM Chrismc2 for address to send these on to.

Journal Entry 4 by chrismc2 from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 06, 2008
Hi, I received the copies over a week ago. I'm just waiting for my mother in law to have a look at them and then I'll move it on. Cheers, Chris.

Journal Entry 5 by chrismc2 from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 11, 2008
I've asked for Emlar's book no 2 and added 3 books to the pile. I've scanned the pages and emailed them to Annadlx.

Plum-crazy No.1
Plum-crazy No.3 taken by emlar
Plum-crazy No.8 taken by emlar
Emlar No.1
Emlar No.2 taken by Chrismc2
Chrismc2 No.3

When the last person on the list is reached does it go back to Plum-Crazy again?

Cheers

Chris

chrismc2

Journal Entry 6 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Saturday, April 12, 2008
Thank you, this arrived today in my emails.
I've read through the excerpts and found three interesting things... Will have to decide which two I'll chose.
And I've already decided on which two excerpts I'll add to the list ... yeah.
This is so much fun! Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Saturday, April 12, 2008
I've asked for Plum-crazy No.1 and for Chrismc2 No.3 and added 2 new books to the pile.

Plum-crazy No.8----taken by emlar
Emlar No.1
Emlar No.2----------taken by Chrismc2
annadlx No.1
annadlx No.2

This 'll travel on soon! Thank you for so many choices. It's already a great mix!

~~~~~~EDIT 08/2009~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

annadlx No.2 = Lots of Love by Fiona Walker
I'm sorry, but I can't remeber what my No.1 book was... can't find it on fbeatriz's shelf either...

Journal Entry 8 by Annadlx at EMAIL in email, BookXerpting -- Controlled Releases on Monday, April 14, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (4/14/2008 UTC) at EMAIL in email, BookXerpting -- Controlled Releases

sent via email with the pages scanned. This works way faster and a lot cheaper. I apreciate it and hope you do too.
Have fun with the xcerpts!

Journal Entry 9 by UFK-537438 on Monday, April 14, 2008
This arrived today in my emails. I already chosed 2 and they're substitutes. I've taked Annadlx no.1 and Emlar no.1 and added 2 new books to the pile.

fbeatriz No.2

This 'll travel on soon! Thanks!!!

Journal Entry 10 by PatriciaLeao on Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Hello!
I received the copies yerterday.
I've read through the excerpts and found one interesting...but I'm waiting for the book that added to the pile.
As soon as possible I'll move it on.

Journal Entry 11 by chrismc2 from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 20, 2008
I've just re-entered the details for the book that I sent on (921-6038006). Whilst doing this I took the liberty of setting up a new zone as follows:
Country - Controlled Releases
State/Province - BookXerpting
City - mail
Zone - Romance-Chick Lit Xerpts 997-5920403

Hope this is ok and helps.

Cheers

Chris

Journal Entry 12 by PatriciaLeao on Tuesday, April 29, 2008
I have all ready choose...

PatriciaLeao No.1

Today the box travel again! Thanks!!!

Journal Entry 13 by daisyflower123 from Gütersloh, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Thanks a lot for the xerpts. I choose one xerpt and put one in from my shelf.
Here's the new list.

daisyflower123 No.1

I send the xerpts on to bookwormkt by e-mail.

Journal Entry 14 by iliotropio from Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Thursday, August 14, 2008
Thank you Plum-crazy for this wonderful initiative!
I´ve updated the list below and I´m PMing annadlx and daisyflower123 for their books as well as nikel27 for her e-mail.
iliotropio no.1
iliotropio no.2

Journal Entry 15 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, August 20, 2008
arrived safe at my email address and I was able to open all attachment.
Will start reading the expert, and will come back later with my decision.

my update:

Plum-crazy No.6----taken by nikel27
Mistaken Mistress by Margaret McPhee"
Chrismc2 No.1 ------taken by nikel27
This Time Round by Catherine George"
fbeatriz No.2 ----taken by nikel27
Four Woman by Marie Butler Coffey"
Holly by Jude Deveraux"
iliotropio no.2
nikel27 no.2. sent to Sunshine-irl/Irland
nikel27 no.3. sent to solskinn/Austria
nikel27 no.4. sent to kalise/Austria
nikel27 no.5. sent to Smurphie/UK

Journal Entry 16 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, August 27, 2008
I choose my Xperts out:

iliotropio no.1 ------taken by nikel27

Will sent messages directly to the members, and asked for Maccaellich (France) address.
Still got no answer from Maccaellich (France, so I will ask the owner if I should skip her/him and sent on to the next member

Journal Entry 17 by nikel27 at BookObsessed Exchange, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 02, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (10/6/2008 UTC) at BookObsessed Exchange, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases

Goes to the next member solskinn (Austria)

Journal Entry 18 by wolkenklang on Wednesday, October 15, 2008
The postman delivered the Xerpts half an hour ago and I'm already through :) Hard to chose... As I already know which two books to add to the pile I'll pass the Xerpts on to the next in line as soon as I get an address.
Thanks for hosting this, Plum-crazy, and thanks for posting it over, nikel27!

Journal Entry 19 by wolkenklang on Wednesday, October 15, 2008
After taking a closer look there remain four books I really want to read. Of these I'll choose iliotropio #2 and nikel27 #3. (I was also interested in Plum-crazy #5 and nikel27 #2.)

Therefore our new updated list is:

The Second Wife by Elizabeth Buchan
Private Relations by Nancy Warren
nikel27 no.4.
solskinn No.2

If the Xerpts round is done, maybe each participant can post which books they have added? I'm curious which were in circulation and also which books' first pages I held in hands. Also, I am wondering if I had chosen other books if I had known which they were, and whether reading only the first page without knowing a book's title can make a difference in picking a book. Tricky.

I like Xerpting :)

Journal Entry 20 by wolkenklang at mail, BookXerpting -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (10/16/2008 UTC) at mail, BookXerpting -- Controlled Releases

Off to the next participant! Have fun Xerpting!

Journal Entry 21 by kalise from St. Florian bei Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Monday, October 20, 2008
I received the excerpts today! Thank you Solskinn! And thank you to Plum-crazy for starting this! This is so much fun! I'll try to make a quick decision (this is going to be hard, there seem to be so many lovely books there) and send the xcerpts on ASAP! :)

Journal Entry 22 by kalise from St. Florian bei Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Monday, October 20, 2008
There are quite a few books there that I want to read!! But I narrowed my choice down to two: nikel27's # 4, and chrismc's # 2. I've added 2 excerpts as well, and I will send on the whole batch on to the next participant ASAP! I'm totally curious about what the titles of the books are! :)

Chrismc2 No.2 ------taken by kalise
nikel27 no.4. ------taken by kalise
kalise no.1
kalise no 2

Journal Entry 23 by kalise at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Monday, October 20, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (10/20/2008 UTC) at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria

The Xerpts are on the way to sunshine-irl in Ireland!!

Journal Entry 24 by Sunshine-irl from Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, October 24, 2008
Received today. Will Pass it on ASAP.

Enjoy. . . .

Journal Entry 25 by chrismc2 from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 25, 2008
My requested book is on its way (813-6662523)

Journal Entry 26 by Sunshine-irl at BookXerpting, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (10/28/2008 UTC) at BookXerpting, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Posted to Smurphie
Enjoy

Journal Entry 27 by smurphie from Banchory, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 02, 2008
Arrived a couple of days ago I've just not had time to get near the computer. I will look over them in the next couple of days and choose what I would like and then contact Plum-crazy to see wher it goes next.

Journal Entry 28 by smurphie from Banchory, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 30, 2008
Sorry it's taken me so long to choose some but live has been a bit chaotic at the moment. To make ammends I've added a couple of extra BookXerpts.

I have requested the following:-

Kalise #2

Smurphie No1
Smurphie No2
Smurphie No3
Smurphie No4

Just away to PM the next particiapnt for there address and get this moving ASAP.

Journal Entry 29 by smurphie from Banchory, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Forgot to post an entry but posted this a couple of weeks ago.

Journal Entry 30 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 02, 2009
Sadly the BookXcerpts have gone missing in the post & haven't reached Scruffykaz. If anyone still has a fairly up-to-date copy of them maybe they could forward them.

If not, thanks for taking part everyone & as we can't do a second round maybe I'll set up another in the next few months :o)

Journal Entry 31 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 09, 2009
I'm hoping to set up another round of Surprise Book Xcerpts shortly. Hopefully, the new round will be done by email rather than post (if I can workout how to do it!)If anyone is interested in joining again please drop me a PM.

Thanks for taking part & I hope you've all enjoyed your surprise books

Plum-crazy