Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

by Douglas Adams | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Nell-Lu of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 2/26/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Nell-Lu from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Funny and anarchic.

From the back cover:

"What do a dead cat, a computer whiz-kid, an Electric Monk who believes the world is pink, quantum mechanics, a Chronologist over 200 years old, Samuel Taylor Coleridge (poet), and pizza have in common?

"Apparently not much: until Dirk Gently, self-styled private investigator, sets out to prove the fundamental interconnectedness of all things by solving a mysterious murder, assisting a mysterious professor, unravelling a mysterious mystery, and eating a lot of pizza -- not to mention saving the entire human race from extinction along the way (at no extra charge)."

Bookray:

Vekiki, UK (Europe) -- arrived 01 October 2012
Icila, France (Int) -- arrived 19 October 2012
carelaisa, Canada (North America) -- arrived 05 November 2012
NMReader, USA (USA) -- arrived 10 December 2012

Bookray complete!

Journal Entry 2 by Nell-Lu at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (9/25/2012 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

On its way to Vekiki...

Journal Entry 3 by Vekiki at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, October 1, 2012
arrived while I was unconning :) I'll get to this as soon as I'm though with my current read, I love douglas adams and I'm not quite sure how I've failed to read this so far!

Journal Entry 4 by Vekiki at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (10/14/2012 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

thanks for sharing :) in the post to the next reader

Journal Entry 5 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, October 19, 2012
In my letterbox this morming. Thanks Vekiki !

Journal Entry 6 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, October 22, 2012
The writing is very funny but towards the end I got lost and gave up.

Journal Entry 7 by wingIcilawing at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (10/26/2012 UTC) at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France

On is way to Canada.

Journal Entry 8 by wingcarelaisawing at Québec, Québec Canada on Monday, November 5, 2012
The book got here today.

Looking forward to read it - I have another bookray to read before this one!

Journal Entry 9 by wingcarelaisawing at Québec, Québec Canada on Monday, November 26, 2012
Finally got around to read it, so here are my thoughts...

A funny book yet a bit complicated, as the author loves to go from one story to another without really announcing it. Of course, everything unravels towards the end and we must be patient, as a lot of the things going on seem non-essential but somehow play a role in the outcome. Besides, there’s not much to say about it, besides the fact that I had a great time reading it and quite curious to read the two other books in the series…

I have pm'ed the next bcer so hopefully this week, the book will be mailed to the next reader.

EDIT: the book is now travelling to the next bcer, as of nov 29th.

Journal Entry 10 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Monday, December 10, 2012
Thanks for sending me the book. It was waiting for me when I arrived home from a business trip. I should have journaled Friday but this is the first opportunity I've had.

I have two others books to finish before starting this one.