Friends and Heroes

by Olivia Manning | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by catsalive of Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on 2/24/2008
Journal Entry 1 by catsalive from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, February 24, 2008
Living and working in Rumania, Guy and Harriet Pringle are forced to evacuate to Greece before the steady advance of the German army. "The Balkan Trilogy" - "Great Fortune", "Spoilt City" and "Friends and Heroes" - is the portrait of their marriage, an evocation of a vanished way of life and an ironic comedy of manners in a breaking world.

The author's note states that the books are written so that each can be read individually and independently from their mates.

Journal Entry 2 by catsalive at Australia, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (8/20/2008 UTC) at Australia, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Travelling with some other books on their way to crimson-tide.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Yet another hitchhiker! Thanks cat. I've not heard of this author or the trilogy. I just wish there were more hours in every day - to read all the interesting looking books on the shelf!

Journal Entry 4 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup Visitor Centre in Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/11/2019 UTC) at Balingup Visitor Centre in Balingup, Western Australia Australia

On the book swap shelf on the verandah.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Hello and congratulations!  You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large.  I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing - maybe even make a journal entry on this book.  You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!)  And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll tell them that crimson-tide referred you.  Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend, or even set it free out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did.  If you do choose to join, then you can watch the book as it travels - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry.  It's all completely confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

I hope you enjoy BookCrossing as much as I do. Happy reading!