Surfacing

by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Korky of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on 2/21/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Korky from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 21, 2008
Picked up second hand (good condition) to bookcross.

Journal Entry 2 by Korky at on Friday, March 28, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (3/28/2008 UTC) at

Sending to Christina82. Hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 3 by christina82 from Stege, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Friday, April 04, 2008
Got home from a long hard day at work and found this book in my mailbox - that always makes one happy. Can't wait to read it.

Thanks a lot Korky

Journal Entry 4 by christina82 from Stege, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Monday, November 03, 2008
Came across a really cheap Danish version of this book in a charity shop last week. So this one will continue its journey.

Journal Entry 5 by christina82 at A BookCrosser, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (11/24/2008 UTC) at A BookCrosser, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Send to Stubee yesterday as a trade...

Journal Entry 6 by stubee from Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 27, 2008
Thanks Christina82 this has arrived I didn't realise you'd sent it. I still haven't been able to locate Fantastic Mr. Fox as yet but fingers crossed I'll be able to get it to you soon.

EDIT: 16 November 2009 - Moved up Mt. TBR as it's been selected from the 1001+ VBB by Shnedwards (I got myself into a fine mess as I offered my other copy of this book to the 1001 library!)

EDIT: 24 November 2009 - Started this earlier than expected as my copy of Ian Rankin's Fleshmarket Close was inadvertently stolen.

EDIT: 1 December 2009 - A wonderfully written novel about a woman's voyage of discovery when in search of her missing father takes her into the depths of her childhood. I really enjoyed this book, I didn't particulary like the three companions but I'm guessing you aren't meant to although I did feel sorry for Joe.

Anyway I'll give this to KT-J to read before sending it onto Shnedwards as promised.

Next: Ian Rankin - Fleshmarket Close (replacement copy)

Journal Entry 7 by KT-J from Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Monday, December 07, 2009
Thanks Stubee, I've got a few to read ahead of this but will get onto it as soon as possible!

Journal Entry 8 by KT-J from Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Hmmm, I wasn't sure what to make of this. I found the story quite interesting as it delves into the main character's childhood and the suspense builds throughout the book. However, I didn't really like any of the companion characters and I found the ending a bit weird (sorry that's a bit cryptic but I don't want to spoil the story!).

Having read The Edible Woman which I really enjoyed I was a bit disappointed with this one, still it's always good to read new things!

Journal Entry 9 by stubee at Wakefield, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 04, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (2/3/2010 UTC) at Wakefield, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

On the way over the Pennines to Shnedwards who selected this book from Round 15 of the 1001+ VBB over at bookobsessed.com, I hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 10 by shnedwards from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, February 05, 2010
It's here! Cheers Stuart! This is quite a short book, that's good to see, will probably get to it quite soon then. (I'm only reading books of fewer than 250 pages this year so that I stand a chance of achieving my goal of reading 100 books altogether. Shortest one so far was Talking Heads by Alan Bennett (98 pages, read in an evening). Currently reading Fanny Hill or Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure by John Cleland (224 pages of bawdy romping).)

Thanks also for the stamps and the postcard of Manchester University, which brought back a few memories :)

Journal Entry 11 by shnedwards at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, April 19, 2020
Ten years later... I had only the vaguest idea of what this book was about before I started reading it, so I was really surprised by the turns it took. I like an unpredictable book.

Journal Entry 12 by shnedwards at Wembley, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, May 14, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (5/13/2021 UTC) at Wembley, Greater London United Kingdom

On its way to jax987654321 by second-class post.

Journal Entry 13 by wingjax987654321wing at Wembley, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, May 15, 2021
looking forward to reading this one.