The Dark is Rising

by Susan Cooper | Children's Books |
Registered by snufkin81 of Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on 2/18/2008
Journal Entry 1 by snufkin81 from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Monday, February 18, 2008
The second book in the eponymous series. It introduces Will Stanton, on the eve of his eleventh birthday, who is finding that strange things are starting to happen to him.

I read this series for the first time when I was in high school, and then again recently. It's a great fantasy series, well-written with interesting characters. Definitely worth reading over and over.

I have another copy of this book, so I'm sending this copy to blackteiwaz. I hope she enjoys it!

Journal Entry 2 by blackteiwaz from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, March 13, 2008
Thank you Snufkin81 for sending me this wishlist book!
I also like the African Wildlife bookmarks you sent, I love animals.
Silly me, I didn't realize it was the second book of a series. I added it to my wishlist because I saw the movie and thought the book would be better. Now I want to have the rest of the series so I can read them in order ;D
I'll wait a while before reading this to see if I can get the first one (Over sea and under stone).

Journal Entry 3 by blackteiwaz from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, July 29, 2009
I decided to give this book a go, and it can be read on its own, no need to have read the first one.
I was a bit puzzled, and didn't quite know what to think of it. It was entertaining, just not fantastic, and I decided to compare it with the movie before I wrote this entry.
I watched the movie (The Seeker) and was appalled at finding out that they where completely different and I wondered why the producers decided to make a scrip so different from the book, when the book was so much better. I'm guessing they tried to add some drama to it, but they made it seem cheesy.
I'm not going to make an extra effort to get the rest of the books, but I wouldn't mind reading them and find out what the author came up with next. I'm most intrigued with what exactly the old ones can do.
Thank you Snufkin81, for the chance to read it; the book is now available for whoever wants to read it.

Journal Entry 4 by blackteiwaz at Costa Rica Backpackers in San José, San José Costa Rica on Friday, December 11, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (12/11/2009 UTC) at Costa Rica Backpackers in San José, San José Costa Rica

Bienvenido a BookCrossing! :)
Espero que disfrute este libro! Por favor escriba una pequeña nota en el diario (Journal Entry), para que sepamos que este libro está ahora con alguien más. Usted puede permanecer anónimo, o puede registrarse como usuario de este sitio (es gratis). Si decide convertirse en usuario, por favor indique que fue referido por blackteiwaz (yo!). Además, cuando haya finalizado su lectura, puede volver y hacer una anotación con sus comentarios. Cuando esté listo para volver a liberar este libro puede hacer una nota de liberación (release note), indicando a quién se lo dió o dónde lo dejó. Luego siga sus viajes y aventuras: cada vez que alguien haga notas en el diario, usted recibirá un correo electrónico con los comentarios (sólo si se registra en el sitio). Todos sus datos son confidenciales, (sólo se lo conoce por su apodo en el sitio y a nadie se le da su dirección electrónica), es gratis y libre de correos basura!
***********************
To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using a previous reader as your referring member. Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Also, please consider naming me: blackteiwaz as your referral. Happy reading!