Whispers

by Dean Koontz | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 042518109x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingheartthumperwing of Hutchinson, Kansas USA on 2/16/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingheartthumperwing from Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Saturday, February 16, 2008
Fear shouts. Terror whispers.

HE IS BACK.

He's back--the terror that stalked Hilary Thomas as a child is back in her life, in her house, at her bedroom door. She killed him once. But he keeps coming back. Again. And again...

Will read and release.

Journal Entry 2 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Wednesday, January 30, 2013
I got to page 63 and realized I'd already read it. It was good. Will pass it on.

Journal Entry 3 by wingheartthumperwing at Bookbox in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (1/30/2013 UTC) at Bookbox in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Added to the Anything But Romance Book Box.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Taking from the Anything but Romance Bookbox. I've recently re-discovered Dean Koontz and I'm enjoying reading his books again.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, July 02, 2013
Book Description: Bruno Frye succumbs nightly to the whispers' malicious lullaby. Losing himself in their cries, he is deafened by whispers more piercing than any scream. In the dark recesses of his mind no act is too violent, no deed too shocking. He is driven to kill - even if it means returning from the grave.

My Review: This book was originally published in 1980, but it wasn't dated to me. The story is timeless. It's a really good story.

I really liked this quote from the book: "Being scared doesn't mean you're a coward. All bravery is based on fear. Both the coward and the hero act out of terror and necessity. The only difference between them is simply that the coward succumbs to his fear while the person with courage triumphs in spite of it."

Saved for a bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (11/22/2013 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to Stephario from the Mystery VBB. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 8 by Stephario at Decatur, Alabama USA on Wednesday, December 04, 2013
Thanks JennyC! Whispers and its companion arrived ... ummm ... recently. My time's been off since Thanksgiving/Black Friday, so I'm not sure if they arrived yesterday or the day before, but it's been recently. Thanks so much for sending them. I really am looking forward to getting to read them!