Echo Park

by Michael Connelly | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 2/10/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 10, 2008
From the Publisher
In 1993 Marie Gesto disappeared after walking out of a supermarket. Harry Bosch worked the case but couldn''t crack it, and the twenty-two-year-old was never found. Now, more than a decade later, with the Gesto file still on his desk, Bosch gets a call from the District Attorney. A man accused of two heinous murders is willing to come clean about several others, including the killing of Marie Gesto. Taking the confession of the man he has sought-and hated-for thirteen years is bad enough Discovering that he missed a clue back in 1993 that could have stopped nine other murders may just be the straw that breaks Harry Bosch.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Thursday, May 26, 2011
Harry Bosch, an L.A. police detective, in the Open/Unsolved Unit has a case on his desk from 1993. It involves the killing of Marie Gesto, who disappeared from a supermarket. Bosch gets a call from the D.A. requesting Bosch to interview the killer, Raynard Waits who has just confessed. According to Waits, he is responsible for the death of Marie Gesto. Bosch had investigated this case, and it is still unsolved. No body was ever found.

Waits has made a deal with the DA: he’ll confess in exchange for life in prison rather than death. Waites is willing to lead the police to the body. Waites leads them to the body but escapes.

Bosch follows the leads even after he is sent home. Rachel Walling is back with help for Bosch and as a love interest.

A great story with Bosch questioning his own investigation and what he could have missed back in 1993. Bosch is so vulnerable when it comes to his women. He never seems to have them last for long as either a colleague or a romantic interest. I think I like Bosch so much because of his foibles, just like us ordinary folk.

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, March 25, 2013
Bosch and his partner Rider work old, unsolved cases. There's one in particular that has gotten to Bosch, as he was the detective on the case years ago but they could never determine who killed Marie Gesto. Out of the blue, Bosch gets a call from the DA wondering where the files are because they have a murderer that wants to make a deal to escape the death penalty in exchange for giving up where he dumped Gesto's body. Bosch can't believe it. He pours over his notes once again to see if there was something he missed that would have pointed to the killer.

This isn't a typical solve-the-murder book. It brings a new element in of the DA's office and creating a deal with a criminal in exchange for information. It was quite an interesting way of telling a story. As always, the story grips you and you can't put the book down. I'm not sure how Bosch manages to get in to so many political problems in his career. In this book is no exception. The poor guy also has horrible luck with women. I only hope that by the end of the series he finally has someone that loves him.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 07, 2013
This book is back with me:)

Journal Entry 5 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, October 26, 2013
My mom, AceofHearts, passed away from breast cancer on September 17, 2013. Aside from being one of the best people I know, she was an avid reader and took immense pleasure in Bookcrossing, her book club, and reading many great books. This book is one that we both read.

I will be releasing this in my mom's memory.

Journal Entry 6 by HoserLauren at PATH (Toronto's downtown walkway) in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, December 06, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (12/6/2013 UTC) at PATH (Toronto's downtown walkway) in Toronto, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use my mom, AceofHearts, as a referring member.