Women of the Silk: A Novel

by Gail Tsukiyama | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0312099436 Global Overview for this book
Registered by sejent of Louisville, Kentucky USA on 2/9/2008
Journal Entry 1 by sejent from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Saturday, February 09, 2008
Received from a BookMooch member in VA. TBR.

Journal Entry 2 by sejent from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Thursday, May 08, 2008
Reserved for a swap winner.

Journal Entry 3 by sejent from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Tuesday, September 16, 2008
A detailed, engrossing story of Chinese women working in a silk factory in the 1920s.

Sending to HoserLauren, who won this in the bookobsessed April Raiding Swap. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Received this today in the mail. Looks good, thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by HoserLauren at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Really interesting story about a silk factory in China and the women that work in it. It was heartbreaking how families gave away their girls to this factory to provide them money. I don't fully understand why the main character's family never visited her during the time she was at the factory since this was allowed? I don't feel like this was fully explained when she finally saw them again.

It was very easy to empathize with the characters and care about them. They were all strong women, yet delicate in a sense as well. This is my first book by Gail Tsukiyama. I have another one that I'll probably bump up on my list because I really liked her writing style.

Journal Entry 6 by HoserLauren at Little Free Library - Newell in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 07, 2020

Released 3 mos ago (6/7/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library - Newell in Burlington, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.

Journal Entry 7 by LFLHunter at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, June 19, 2020
Found at a Little Free Library on Newell Crescent in Burlington, ON

Journal Entry 8 by LFLHunter at Little Free Library - Summers Common in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 10, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (8/10/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library - Summers Common in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Left at Summers Common Little Free Library.

I also would have liked to have the book talk more about the main character's family didn't visit. I also think it was a number of reasons. Loved this book. I hope the next person who reads the book, makes an entry, and tells us what they thought of the book. Let us see how this book travels!