Atonement

by Ian McEwan | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by raeliz64 of Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 2/9/2008
Journal Entry 1 by raeliz64 from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 09, 2008
From the back cover -
"On the hottest day of the summer of 1935, thirteen-year-old Briony Tallis sees her sister Cecilia strip off her clothes and plunge into the fountain in the garden of their country house. Watching her is Robbie Turner, her childhood friend who, like Cecilia, has recently come down from Cambridge. By the end of that day the lives of all three will have been changed for ever. Robbie and Cecilia will have crossed a boundary they had not even imagined at its start, and will have become victims of the younger girl's imagination. Briony will have witnessed mysteries, and committed a crime for which she will spend the rest of her life trying to atone.

Excellent book, I just loved it.

Journal Entry 2 by 1001-library from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thanks so much for your donation raeliz64!

This book is now part of the 1001-library. If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the library bookshelf.

Journal Entry 3 by raeliz64 from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 13, 2010
Posted to Into-the-Blue today.

Journal Entry 4 by wingInto-the-Bluewing from Stade, Niedersachsen Germany on Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Received the book today. Thanks so much for it!

Update of April 2014:
I stopped reading this book after about 100 pages. If I had less TBRs I would have finished it. But I have close to 1000 TBRs and this book isn't really my taste.

Released 5 yrs ago (4/7/2014 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Niedersachsen Germany

The book will be travelling to grovalskii in Berlin via the wishlist tag on the international BC forum. I hope you will enjoy it

Journal Entry 6 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Monday, April 14, 2014
Thank you Into-the-Blue for this wishlist book.
I realize it is a 1001-library book and I will treat it accordingly.

Journal Entry 7 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Monday, September 03, 2018
I did not like the movie very much, but the book was very enjoyable - except for the end. I didn't know what to make of it, it seemed like there wasn't really an end. But otherwise, this is probably my favorite of Ian McEwan's books so far.

I'm not sure the 1001 library is still going anymore? I'll just list this book as AVL but also post on my profile that this book is available for 1001-library members.

Journal Entry 8 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Sunday, November 10, 2019

Released 6 days ago (11/11/2019 UTC) at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany

This book will travel to Stuttgart next. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 9 by Onjmal at wishlist RABCK, by mail -- Controlled Releases on Friday, November 15, 2019
out of today's mail... lately I discovered Ian McEwan for reading...