Go Ask Alice

by Unknown | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by BookBirds of -- wild in the usa, -- Wild Released somewhere in USA -- USA on 3/15/2003
Journal Entry 1 by BookBirds from -- wild in the usa, -- Wild Released somewhere in USA -- USA on Saturday, March 15, 2003
I will write another journal entry as soon as I read this!

Journal Entry 2 by BookBirds from -- wild in the usa, -- Wild Released somewhere in USA -- USA on Sunday, January 18, 2004
This book was alright.. It seemed to be written in the 60's and 70's. I think that the 'drug culture' then pales in comparison to the 'drug culture' now. A lot of what happens to 'Alice' is probably the norm these days.

Journal Entry 3 by BookBirds at sent to fellow bookcrosser in Central Square, New York USA on Monday, July 19, 2004
Released on Monday, July 19, 2004 at sent to fellow bookcrosser in New York USA.

Enjoy, heliz922!

Journal Entry 4 by heliz922 from Lockport, New York USA on Saturday, August 07, 2004
This arrived a few days ago and I just finished it yesterday--thank you cinnycat!

As to the book--wow. It was amazing to read of how the author changed and evolved so quickly, and everything she went through is so vivid and terrifying. It made me cry. Without saying too much about the ending, I will say that I was shocked by the epilouge. On the back, a quote from The Boston Globe says, "A book that all teenagers and parents of teenagers should really read". I'm not sure if I agree with that. Many of the entries glorified the effects of the drugs, and I don't think that's what most teenagers, who have to deal with the everyday pressure of avoiding drugs, really need to hear. I don't know if the outcome would really be enough to make most teenagers forget her praise of the 'high's.
In any case, it was a stunning read.