Credo

by Melvyn Bragg | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by livrecache of Hobart, Tasmania Australia on 2/4/2008
Journal Entry 1 by livrecache from Hobart, Tasmania Australia on Monday, February 04, 2008
Credo is a huge book, an epic, a tour de force, that you feel must have been gestating in Bragg's mind since boyhood. The novel is set in the Britain of the Dark Ages, an era little known to modern readers, a period full of passion and bloodbaths, described by Bragg in fascinating detail. It is scholarly and authentic, a 'rollicking good read with intellect' . . .

Claimed by fairy-whispers in Oz VBB 7. Will post on Monday.

Journal Entry 2 by livrecache at OZ VBB in Melbourne, OZ VBB -- Controlled Releases on Monday, March 10, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (3/10/2008 UTC) at OZ VBB in Melbourne, OZ VBB -- Controlled Releases

Claimed in Round 7 of the Oz VBB.

Journal Entry 3 by seldombites from Cambridge Park, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, March 16, 2008
This book arrived a few minutes ago. Thank you so much - I wasn't expecting it to be so big. Thank you for being willing to post it through the mail. I can't wait to read it!

Released 7 yrs ago (3/11/2012 UTC) at Cnr Broadhurst Dr & Lawrie Street in Gracemere, Queensland Australia

I am moving house shortly. Due to the distance I am moving, I have to be very strict with culling my books. Unfortunately, worthy as it is, this book has not made the final cut. I wish it well and hope it will have fun on its journey.

G'day

Welcome to BookCrossing! What you have in your hands is an honest-to-goodness gift, no strings attached. You may keep it forever and ever, pass it on to a friend, or release it in the wild like I did. I know it may seem a little odd to find this lying around--it's my way of touching the lives of others in a positive way and sharing my love of books.

This book started its journey in Gracemere, Qld, Australia and I would like to thank you for letting us know it is still safe and sound. All over the world people are following their book’s travels through BookCrossing & by graciously visiting this site and making an entry you are helping keep this book’s unique travelling history up-to-date.

If you choose to read this book, it would be really great if you could come back and let us know what you thought – as confirmed bookaholics, we love to compare notes! Don’t worry - you can remain anonymous if you wish.

While you don’t have to register or join, I hope you will consider doing so. It’s free, it’s confidential (you are only known by your screen-name), and it’s highly addictive! If you do decide to join, please list myself (seldombites) or any previous reader of this book as your referring member.

For more information about BookCrossing, check out the FAQs on the homepage. For more information about me (seldombites) or any other reader of this book, just click on that person’s screen-name above.

Have a great day and may you always have a good book to read!

Journal Entry 5 by Extreme-Reader at Yeppoon, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, January 07, 2015
Well, despite its journey to NSW this book has ended up back in Central Queensland! I found it in the Yeppon branch of St Vincent de Paul's Thrift Shop. It cost me 20 cents. It's not my usual cup of tea, but I'll give it a bash. I'll re-gift it if it doesn't engage me. I'm going down south in a couple weeks, so if I don't love it, I'll release it somewhere between Yeppoon and Nimbin.