Poems Selected and New

by Heather Spears | Poetry |
ISBN: 9780919897618 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Dunzy of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 2/2/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Dunzy from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, February 02, 2008
This is an extraordinary batch of gently incisive poems from an author/artist without borders. You'll find a sample of her work at this link.

All of the link-quoted "God Poems" are my new book. Click on the cover self-portrait for a close-up: a tender-hearted but tough-minded soul AND a fine painter!

Journal Entry 2 by Dunzy from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, February 22, 2008
After expressions of interest from two fellow-BXers, I'm starting an all-Aussie bookring for this collection:

Cee-Blue, Perth, WA
Sujie, Kangaroo Valley, NSW.

Journal Entry 3 by Dunzy at RABCK in Family Member, Family Member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (2/26/2008 UTC) at RABCK in Family Member, Family Member -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to Cee-Blue as opener for bookring.

Journal Entry 4 by Sujie from Kangaroo Valley, New South Wales Australia on Monday, April 07, 2008
Sorry to log this in so late - it arrived last week but real life has been chaotic. I too warm to the self-portrait. She has that intense look of concentration one has when painting oneself; sometimes that can be grim but she's just pulled back from that.
I was particularly impressed with "Rumania on the BBC", evoking nightmarish memories. And of course I loved the Danish portrait series and "The Teaching of Drawing". Spears reminds me of Australian poets Judith Wright and John Foulcher in her clean, vivid imagery, and Miroslav Holub and Prevert in her structure and tone.
I think I feel some more Australians coming your way, Dunzy! You can easily fit in some slender volumes of poetry...
Coming back to you once I've read some to DaveDELC.

Journal Entry 5 by Dunzy from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, December 06, 2009
Heather is home again. Thanks, Suj -- glad you enjoyed her company.

Journal Entry 6 by Dunzy at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, February 04, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (2/3/2010 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Prized RABCK for a non-BXer in the illustration biz.