Darkfever (Fever Series, Book 1)

by Karen Marie Moning | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by shaunesay of Olathe, Kansas USA on 2/2/2008
Journal Entry 1 by shaunesay from Olathe, Kansas USA on Saturday, February 2, 2008
Reserving for KathyB as an RABCK!

Journal Entry 2 by shaunesay from Olathe, Kansas USA on Thursday, February 28, 2008
Just finished this morning! I have to say that I liked this one much better than the other Karen Marie Moning book I read, the first in the Highlander series. I'm not sure I'd say it belongs in the romance category, to me it was more dark fantasy, even though there are a couple of naughty bits, the main focus of the story is Mac finding out who and what she is, rather than trying to get her together with anyone, although I'm sure it's coming, judging from the direction of the story by the end. The Unseelie are just icky! And I love how V'lane just seems to make her clothes come off! LOL! Maybe those type of scenes are what qualify it as romance, and since her other books are considered romance... There are a lot of hints of things that don't happen in this book, as she's telling it in the past tense, so I'll definitely be on the lookout for #2 Bloodfever.

Next Stop KathyB, as a RABCK for being so patient with me in getting all of her books mailed out, and THAT is happening on 3/1 FINALLY! YAY! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by KathyB25 from Arlington, Texas USA on Saturday, March 8, 2008
Wow! Thanks so much. I love unexpected books. I've picked this one up at the store several times and keep putting it back cause I just can't make myself buy anymore books. Thanks for reading my mind about one I really wanted.

Journal Entry 4 by KathyB25 from Arlington, Texas USA on Saturday, October 18, 2008
On it's way to AmberC in Australia who selected it from the ClubVladVBB - enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingamberCwing from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Friday, October 31, 2008
Arrived today. Thankyou. Adding to Mt TBR.

Journal Entry 6 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Monday, January 3, 2011
I didn't like the cliffhanger ending. I know it's the first in a series, but I like some kind of resolution at the end of a book.

Released 11 yrs ago (3/27/2011 UTC) at Jamaica Blue Coffee Shop in Casuarina, Bookcrossing Meetup -- Controlled Releases

Taking to the meet-up.

Journal Entry 8 by sally906 at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Sunday, March 27, 2011
Picked up at the meet-up this morning.

Journal Entry 9 by sally906 at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Saturday, April 30, 2011
Darkfever is a mystery, thriller, suspense with a healthy dash of romance. Two things against it - the cliff hanging 'stay tuned for the next episode' ending and while there are no actual sex in the book, there are some rather brutal encounters between MacKayla and the Fae. Because the character of MacKayla came over as very juvenile it was almost like child abuse - maybe I am being a bit 'over-sensitive' but other than that it was a story, not sure if I would read more of the series unless MacKayla matures as a character.

Released 11 yrs ago (4/30/2011 UTC) at Jamaica Blue Cafe, Casuarina Square in Casuarina, Northern Territory Australia

Taking to meet-up. If not claimed will be left on a chair at Casuarina Square

Journal Entry 11 by scrapaholic at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Sunday, May 1, 2011
Picked up at our meetup

Journal Entry 12 by scrapaholic at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Saturday, November 26, 2011
Found it a bit slow in places but still held my interest. Left it in a good place for the next book to begin

Journal Entry 13 by scrapaholic at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (11/27/2011 UTC) at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia

Merry Christmas ...from your Secret Santa

Journal Entry 14 by sorcha-sidhe at Quorn, South Australia Australia on Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Received today in a surprise Secret Santa package from scrapaholic. Thank you for all the bookish goodies! :)

~S.

Journal Entry 15 by sorcha-sidhe at Quorn, South Australia Australia on Thursday, February 2, 2012

Released 10 yrs ago (1/16/2012 UTC) at Quorn, South Australia Australia

Sent to Nicki J Markus in Adelaide, South Australia, as an RABCK.