The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius

Registered by Dunzy of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 1/30/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Dunzy from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Luminous thoughts on life and how to live it, all the more illuminating because of their frankness. They were never meant for publication: Aurelius didn't need the income or the glory. (Registered for long-distance trading.)

Journal Entry 2 by Dunzy at RABCK in Family Member, Family Member -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, February 07, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (2/7/2008 UTC) at RABCK in Family Member, Family Member -- Controlled Releases

Mailed as trade to fellow-BXer.

Journal Entry 3 by ronsar on Saturday, March 29, 2008
This came by post two days ago. It was a kind offer from another BCer, Dunzy from Canada. It was the only book I had on my wishlist so now that I have it, I don't have a wishlist anymore. I intend to keep it in my Personal Collection as it is a fine edition with a leather cover and decorations. Thank you very much Dunzy.

Journal Entry 4 by ronsar on Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Finally I read this book; I had encountered many quotes from Marcus Aurelius' Meditations often in other books. I'm not sure if I became wiser because it's a difficult book and I'll surely have to read it again in the future. What is often repeated in its pages is that one shouldn't mind about glory or the opinion of other people.
"The man who is honest and good ought to be exactly like a man who smells strong, so that the bystander as soon as he comes near him must smell whether he choose or not".

Journal Entry 5 by evablue from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Saturday, July 04, 2009
Oh wow! I've known for a while that this was the only book in ronsar's wishlist so I was quite flattered when she offered it to me.
Although it's not really my favourite genre, I think I'm going to enjoy it. I see it's got an extensive preface by the translator that will introduce me to the subject.
many thanks ronsar and Dunzy.

Journal Entry 6 by evablue at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Monday, May 27, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (5/27/2013 UTC) at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece

I hoped I would read this. I tried. It's not a good time for me. So I decided to give up and pass the book on. Hope kriskross will enjoy it.

Thanks again Dunzy and ronsar.

Journal Entry 7 by kriskross at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Monday, May 27, 2013
this summer it's about time me and Marcus have a little talk. I had been searching for him and one fine afternoon I received an email from a now bookcrossing friend evablue. She introduced me to Marcus and now I have a new meditating companion. thank you evablue !