Eva Moves the Furniture

by Margot Livesey | Women's Fiction |
Registered by tamarabk of Lynnwood, Washington USA on 3/14/2003
Journal Entry 1 by tamarabk from Lynnwood, Washington USA on Friday, March 14, 2003
This is a beautiful book. A young girl is visited throughout her childhood by two companions no one else can see. As Eva moves into adulthood she becomes increasingly wary of their presence. Who are they and what do they want? Are they here to hurt her or help her?
Set against the backdrop of World War 2 this book is filled with so much love and humanity it almost hurts to put it down. I wept as I read the final pages. A haunting, wonderful book

Journal Entry 2 by tamarabk at -- Wild released somewhere in Seattle in Seattle, Washington USA on Saturday, March 15, 2003
Released on Saturday, March 15, 2003 at Dana's Party in Seattle, Washington USA.

I am bringing this to release tonight at a party given by fellow bookcrosser, xacharias.

Journal Entry 3 by alsomama from Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, March 16, 2003
I just brought this home from Dana's party and hope to get to it soon. It sounds intriguing.

Journal Entry 4 by alsomama from Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, March 23, 2003
This the story of Eva, orphaned at birth, who comes of age accompanied by two "companions," a woman and a girl who can only be seen by her. Follow Eva's story as she grows up in a small town in Scotland, attends nursing school during WWII, falls in love with a surgeon and eventually marries and has a child. The companions guide her and influence her every decision. Laugh and cry with Eva as her life, and the truth about the companions unfold.

Journal Entry 5 by alsomama at Post Office on California Avenue in West Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, March 23, 2003
Release planned for Tuesday, March 25, 2003 at Post Office on California Avenue in West Seattle in Seattle, Washington USA.

Being sent to bayouposte, a fellow BookCrosser. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 6 by bayouposte from Bossier City, Louisiana USA on Friday, April 04, 2003
Eva Moves the Furniture arrived yesterday, and I love the cover (reminds me of the preRaphaelite painting of Ophelia). Goes into the TBR stack, but I can feel it calling me.

Journal Entry 7 by bayouposte from Bossier City, Louisiana USA on Tuesday, April 29, 2003
The novel reads quickly and is enjoyable, but the characters never seemed any more real to me than the ghosts. I like the premise and enjoyed the book, and yet, was not thoroughly engaged and had no difficulty putting it down and leaving it. It didn't resonate with me or touch me in the way it did with others.