Tiger Eyes

by Judy Blume | Other |
Registered by jenptcfan of Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on 1/21/2008
Journal Entry 1 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Monday, January 21, 2008
I spotted this at Goodwill and had to pick it up. It's one of the few young adult books of Judy Blume's that I did not read as a child.

I'll put it on my TBR and hopefully I'll get to it soon.

Journal Entry 2 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Another good one from Judy Blume.

This is one of Blume's frequently banned books. When I was in Jr. High, I was a library worker. The librarian took all of the workers aside and showed us the shelf of "questionable" books that she wasn't allowed to put on the public shelves. She told us we were all welcome to check the books out.

Tiger Eyes was one of the books on the shelf.

True, there is some bad language in the book. There's also a sub-plot involving an alcoholic teenager, but the main character tries to help the teen get help, so it's not advocating teen alcohol use.

There are a couple of "make out" scenes, but nothing graphic.

There's nothing in this book that's ban-worthy, IMO.

This is being reserved for my banned/challenged books box.

Journal Entry 3 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Thursday, November 13, 2008
Into my banned books bookbox this goes!

Journal Entry 4 by wingkaila-annwing from Galivants Ferry, South Carolina USA on Saturday, November 22, 2008
Grabbed from jenptcfan's Banned Books Bookbox and will be adding the Mt. TBR. Thank you for the great selection and for including me.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkaila-annwing at Galivants Ferry, South Carolina USA on Sunday, February 17, 2019
I am trying to read the books that were registered by other people that I have had in my collection for far too long.

This is a story of family trying to deal with the tragedy of losing their father/husband and I can empathize with Davey quite a bit. I lost my mom when i was not much older than her although not in nearly so violent a manner. It’s tough to deal with loss at any age but I think being a teenager and dealing with the loss of a loved is incredibly hard.

I will be reserving this one for my “already been crossed” bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by wingkaila-annwing at Conway, South Carolina USA on Sunday, February 24, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (2/25/2019 UTC) at Conway, South Carolina USA

Releasing as part of my “already been crossed” bookbox in an effort to move along the books registered by others. Happy travels my friend!

To the finder of this book:

If you are new to BookCrossing, welcome! Enjoy the site, the book, and the BookCrossing community. I hope you'll join us...it's free! If you do, please consider using me, Kaila-Ann, as your referring member. You can even remain anonymous if you wish!

Thanks, and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 7 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, March 06, 2019
Took out of the already been crossed box, to be shared.

Released 6 mos ago (9/11/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library #64606 (Behind Easton Market) in Easton, Pennsylvania USA

Released for the You’re such an animal challenge
When he looked up again Tas had gone. Rising to join the others, he caught sight of something small and abandoned on the floor. "Tas you forgot your pipe." He picked it up and then saw words carved into the wood he had not seen before. Find the music, find the magic.
"Did you carve this?"
Tas did not turn. "Yes," he said, reluctantly. "I have to leave it."
"But, Tas, why?"
Tas squared his shoulders as though firming some resolve. But still he did not turn. "Because the shepherd said that it could only be used once. Thats why I can't get the pipe to play that song-or any song. I've used the magic." He took a deep breath and went on. "And he said that once I found the magic I had the pass the pipe on." he paused and then he did turn, a scamp's humor in his long brown eyes. "It's going to be a long winter. I'm going to leave it here for someone else to find."
"Snowsong" by Nancy Varian Berberick

Found a book? Find the magic! Welcome to BookCrossing!! If you are already a member, "Hello!", if you have only just found this lovely site, welcome!

Congratulations on finding a released BookCrossing book! You can now register on the site, if you want to. It's free to register, but of course you can remain anon. It's up to you!

If you do decide to join, please add me as your referring member, AlterEgoZoe. Thanks!

Most of all, enjoy the book, and enjoy BookCrossing!