Small Island

by Andrea Levy | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 075530750x Global Overview for this book
Registered by Miss-R of Lingfield, Surrey United Kingdom on 1/18/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Miss-R from Lingfield, Surrey United Kingdom on Friday, January 18, 2008
A brilliant book about race relations in post war London. Gilbert (a Jamaican immigrant) and his wife Hortense, begin a new life in England, a country they have always thought of as home. The reality is quite different.
This is an insightful read on the nature of prejudice and immigration. The scary thing (to me, anyway), is that, even 60 years on, replace the Jamaican characters with Muslims and it could be based in the present day, in some areas.
This is to be released as a small bookray, as there wasn't too many people interested in it, which is a shame as it is well worth a read. It will be visiting the following people:

Moonwoof (Portugal, international)
Tuttasb (Norway, international)
msjoanna (US/Canada only)

Released 11 yrs ago (1/21/2008 UTC) at mail release in Given to fellow BookCrosser, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Posted to Moonwoolf today. Sent by surface mail so it may take a while to arrive.

Journal Entry 3 by Moonwoolf from Azambuja, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Friday, February 22, 2008
Finally it has arrived.
I will try not to take to long with it, but it is really big, and i'm finishing a book... I don't know if i can read it in a month. will see...
Thanks a lot for the postal card, i enjoy it a lot. See ya.

21-04-2008= A great read. I like it very much. In nowadays, racism is still a theme that is very actual, although people try to avoid to say that really exists in the called Develop Countries... But i think someday that will definitally change...

Journal Entry 4 by Moonwoolf at on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Travelling to Tuttasb. Enjoy the book. :)

Journal Entry 5 by Moonwoolf at on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (4/30/2008 UTC) at

Travelling to Tuttasb. Enjoy the book. :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingTuttasbwing from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Monday, May 12, 2008
The book arrived safe. Got another bookraybook waiting before this one butI'll read it as soon as possible :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingTuttasbwing at BookCrosser in Bookray, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (7/9/2008 UTC) at BookCrosser in Bookray, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Mailed today.

Journal Entry 8 by msjoanna from Columbia, Missouri USA on Thursday, July 17, 2008
This has arrived with me. I had actually tried to tell folks not to bother with mailing this to me as I already have a copy, but I'll find it a new home soon! Looking forward to reading this or the other copy I have!

Released 9 yrs ago (4/7/2009 UTC) at a 'Passport to the World' at bookobsessed.com, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to bartonz for the VBB.

Journal Entry 10 by wingbartonzwing from Bellevue, Washington USA on Monday, April 13, 2009
It's here and I look forward to reading it.