Clan Ground

by Clare Bell | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 1/17/2008
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, January 17, 2008
I read Ratha's Creature a couple of years ago, and have been vaguely looking for the sequel ever since. Finally last week I was browsing in a second hand bookshop and spotted this lying in the bargain bin, so needless to say I grabbed it straight away.

The Named have now set up a society based around the division between Firekeepers and Herders, and rely on the power of fire to protect their growing herds. But a stranger arrives and turns fire into something more, an object of worship, slowly usurping Ratha's power over her clan.

A bit deeper than Ratha's Creature, and thus more interesting. The author has got over the novelty of intelligent big cats, and is exploring some more complex ideas. Of course, there's still always the odd predictable moment, but a good read nonetheless.

Now I've just got to find the rest of the series (apparently book 5 has just been released).

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat at Trattorie Cafe (OBCZ) in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, January 27, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (1/26/2008 UTC) at Trattorie Cafe (OBCZ) in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

In the OBCZ shelf.

Journal Entry 3 by winggaboydwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Picked up, today, at Lunch. Yet to be read.