The World Without Us

by Alan Weisman | Nonfiction |
Registered by wingOlePintowing of Ciempozuelos, Madrid Spain on 1/15/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingOlePintowing from Ciempozuelos, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, January 15, 2008
I've marked it as nonfiction, even if it is, somehow, fiction.
The author describes what would happen to the world, as we know it, if we completely dissapeared from the Earth.
Not that he has seen it, but it seems well documented.
Bought after reading a post.

Journal Entry 2 by wingOlePintowing from Ciempozuelos, Madrid Spain on Friday, April 18, 2008
Not an easy read, not at all. I had to make an effort to get to the end.
The idea is very interesting. And probably, to be told rightly, there is much to be said about what happened before.
This would be the cause for telling about history and antropology, how the human race came to be.
I have been amused to hear recently about some things I never heard before, which I have first known reading this book: the Trash Vortex and the building of the Canal de Panamá.
Being not a native english reader also hurts. Mostly in the beginning, many animal and vegetal names are used; they are not part of the average vocabulary you usually handle. It is published in Spanish, my condolences to the translator...
So, while it requires some effort to be read, it tells an original story, and it does well.

Journal Entry 3 by Cocodras at -- Por correo, entregado en mano/ by mail, in person--, Madrid Spain on Thursday, February 25, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (2/28/2021 UTC) at -- Por correo, entregado en mano/ by mail, in person--, Madrid Spain

Es hora de que vuelva a casa.

Journal Entry 4 by wingOlePintowing at Ciempozuelos, Madrid Spain on Monday, March 01, 2021
Back home, it seems without an extra read.

I've seen a note with the price I paid. Some people joined to split shipping costs, back when you had to get amazon items from the USA. I didn't remember that.