Mark Twain Audio CD Collection

by Mark Twain | Audiobooks |
Registered by BigJohnLefty of Des Moines, Iowa USA on 1/12/2008
Journal Entry 1 by BigJohnLefty from Des Moines, Iowa USA on Saturday, January 12, 2008
Bought at an outlet mall. Plan to read soon.

Journal Entry 2 by BigJohnLefty from Des Moines, Iowa USA on Sunday, May 11, 2008
Having grown up on the Mississippi a scant 20 miles from where Mark Twain, I am an absolute freak on all of his writing.....

This is a pretty good overview of selected small writings he has done, as well as excerpts, etc.

Journal Entry 3 by BigJohnLefty at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 24, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (5/24/2008 UTC) at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Putting this into Carlissa's CD-only AudioBookBox.

Journal Entry 4 by tostle from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, June 04, 2008
I'm taking this from Carlissa's CD-only AudioBookBox!

Journal Entry 5 by tostle from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, April 11, 2009
I am putting this into Carlissa's Audiobook Bookbox!

Journal Entry 6 by gnissorckoob from Miami, Florida USA on Monday, July 20, 2009

Journal Entry 7 by gnissorckoob from Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, August 16, 2009
Finished it today. A very good commuting listen. Or, if you are an English teacher, selections from this Caedmon production may come in handy for the classroom.

The readers were outstanding (Walter Brennan, Ed Begley, Will Geer and others). And of course Mark Twain is Mark Twain, one of our finest American writers.

There are six CDs and they are indexed nicely. Two notes:

CD #5 - a bit of an audio problem at the very end but it didn't ruin the story but you can still “get” the ending of the story, “A True Story.” To read the exact words of the ending of this excellent story, you can see it at http://docsouth.unc.edu/neh/twain/twain.html

CD #6 - The 1st cut "A Dog's Tale." I had never heard before and never want to hear again. Too heartbreaking. You have been warned.

Journal Entry 8 by gnissorckoob from Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, January 30, 2010
Contributing this to indygo88's all-CD audiobox.

Journal Entry 9 by KateKintail from Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, February 20, 2010
I've read a few of Mark Twain's well-known works, and I have always admired him for his cleverness and storytelling capabilities. I've even visited his boyhood home in Missouri. But I've never read most of the short stories in here (Though I saw The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaveras County performed many moons ago).

I'm definitely snagging this one from the box to read. Thanks!