Dreamsnake

by Vonda N. McIntyre | Science |
ISBN: 033025863x Global Overview for this book
Registered by Nisaba000 of Toukley , New South Wales Australia on 1/10/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Nisaba000 from Toukley , New South Wales Australia on Thursday, January 10, 2008
Vonda is a bloody brilliant writer. This book grew out of a short story called "Of Mist, and Grass, and Sand", which was part of an anthology that the lovely Pepi lent me years and years ago. I'm glad about every facet of my friendship with Pepi, but I'm especially glad about her lending me that book, because otherwise I might never have discovered Vonda McIntyre. The author seems to have an interesting tendency to cannibalise her own work: this is not the only novel where she has revisited one of her earlier short stories and formed it into the first chapter of a longer work: "Aztec", also from that early collection, formed the first chapter of a later novel too.

Journal Entry 2 by Nisaba000 at Hidden Somewhere in Toukley , New South Wales Australia on Saturday, August 13, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (8/13/2016 UTC) at Hidden Somewhere in Toukley , New South Wales Australia