The Flavors of Bon Appetit, Vol. 5 - 1998

by Bon Appetit Editors | Cooking, Food & Wine | This book has not been rated.
Registered by crrcookie of Tecumseh, Oklahoma USA on 1/9/2008
Journal Entry 1 by crrcookie from Tecumseh, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, January 9, 2008
On Saturday, December 8, 2007 a friend told me about the South Potomac Church in White Plains, Maryland and its Christmas Shop. When I (crrcookie) went to the Christmas Shop they were just about to close up for the day and they still had many things to give away including books. When I told them about BookCrossing and let them know that I would both enjoy the books and pass them along when we are done with them I was told to take all of the books with me.

If you would like to know more about the South Potomac Church you can visit their website South Potomoc Church.

I will be adding this book to my ever increasing and totally out of control mountain of books "to be read". I hope that one day I will be able to get to it.

Journal Entry 2 by crrcookie from Tecumseh, Oklahoma USA on Tuesday, June 17, 2008
One of my favorite features of BookCrossing is the opportunity to track books where ever they may go. We just moved from Waldorf, MD to Bolling Air Force Base in Washington D.C. and it is time to update each book's location and make sure that we have located each book after the move.

I am trying to set the status of all my books to be correct at this time.

Permanent Collection (PC) means that I plan to keep this book for the foreseeable future.

Available (AVL) means that I have read the book or don't desire to read the book and it is ready to move on in some fashion.

To Be Read (TBR) means that I plan to read it (at least someday) and after I read it I will decide what to do with it.

I reserve the right to change my mind at any time!

Journal Entry 3 by crrcookie at Washington, District of Columbia USA on Saturday, October 16, 2010
I decided that it was time to reduce my bookshelf again and that I was going to have to be ruthless. I took a look at each book and tried to decide if I had just a few books on my shelf would this book be at the top of the pile or the bottom? This book just didn't make the cut. Maybe one day it will come back to me or I will choose it from the library but for now I am setting it free.

This book is from my personal stash of books to release. I'll be leaving the D.C. area shortly after the 2011 BookCrossing Convention and anything that I don't have to move is all the better. I am putting this book on the book buffet and hoping it finds a good home.

Where will this book end up and what kind of journey will it have along the way?

Journal Entry 5 by DrQuincy at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Saturday, April 16, 2011
I loved Bon Appetit back in the day (1980s) when they actually had recipes in the mag. The recipe for Lemon Cheesecake with Hazelnut Crust sounds delish.