Traveller

by Richard Adams | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0440204933 Global Overview for this book
Registered by PJCommunityOBCZ of Panther Junction, Texas USA on 1/9/2008
Journal Entry 1 by PJCommunityOBCZ from Panther Junction, Texas USA on Wednesday, January 9, 2008
An inhabitant of the Panther Junction Community Library -- previously available only to residents and employees of Big Bend National Park in West Texas.

Journal Entry 2 by Moody-Blue from Montrose, Colorado USA on Sunday, November 22, 2009
Another very creative novel from Richard Adams! This time, he tells the story of the Civil War from the perspective of General Robert E. Lee's horse. Traveller's southern drawl and country colloquialisms are just charming. Unfortunately, he often doesn't know the names of the battles, towns, or soldiers that he's describing. I could only have liked this book better if I remembered more about the Civil War from my history classes 20 years ago. Luckily, my husband recently watched the Ken Burns series on the subject, so he was able to answer many of my questions. A Civil War buff, I believe, would LOVE this book -- therefore, I'm sending it to my favorite high school teachers. Enjoy!