Keeping Faith

by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by AgnesXNitt of Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 1/7/2008
Journal Entry 1 by AgnesXNitt from Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 07, 2008
'Mariah White thought her life was pretty much perfect. A wife and mother was all she ever wanted to be.
So when she catches her husband with another woman, her world falls apart. And when her daughter, Faith, begins to confide in an imaginary friend, her own brush with insanity takes on a darker meaning.
Then Faith appears to start performing miracle, and all at once the situation is spirallying beyond Mariah’s control. Is Faith truly seeing God? Or is she just a troubled little girl seeking refuge from her parent’s divorce? And is Mariah fighting for what’s best for her child? Or a desperate mother using her daughter to get the world’s attention?
When it comes to matters of faith, it’s hard to know who to believe…'

One book amongst ten from a colleague who was clearing some books out. All in a similar vein both fictional and real life memoirs. Not my taste in reading so making them available.

Journal Entry 2 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Friday, July 03, 2009
Thanks so much for sending this my way - that was really quick! I'm putting it in the suitcase to be read on holiday...can't wait!

This will turn into a ring or ray when I'm done.

Please:

* Make a journal entry when you receive the book
* PM the next participant, even if you have their address, to confirm where the book should be sent next.
* Read the book within a month if possible - if delayed make sure to let us know!
* When you've read the book, make a journal entry telling us what you thought.
* Please make a controlled release when sending the book on.
* Enjoy!!!

Many thanks for joining!
Shipping order may change, please double-check...

annadlx (Germany)
earthcaroleanne (UK)prefers UK shipping
jujuks (Portugal) can ship int'l
top-tappser(USA) US or Canada
shadowkiss (USA) can ship int'l (no response to PMs)
kobie03 (Canada) can ship int'l (asked to be skipped)
grovalskii (Germany) can ship int'l <-- book is here
fritzykatz (Germany)can ship int'l
silvia-pco (Portugal) prefers Europe

Journal Entry 3 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Fascinating story which actually precedes Change of Heart which I read recently. Has led to interesting discussions about the role of religion in society - very different in the United States than it is in certain European countries. As this was a RABCK I have offered to have it travel.

Journal Entry 4 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Capdepera, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/11/2009 UTC) at Capdepera, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain

This is travelling with some other books from Mallorca to Germany. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, August 19, 2009
This book has arrived at its first destination.
Will read it soon, promise, but have toread something easier first... :)

Journal Entry 6 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, September 08, 2009
I'm an atheist, so a story about a girl seeing God and perfoming miracles is not usually my cup of tea. But this wasn't the reason why I had problems getting into the story. Somehow I felt lost in the first quarter because Picoult kept changing settings and characters and I couldn't yet see how they were connected or why they were important. After a while everything fell in place but still didn't make for a good story. It was a bit boring at times and not convincing enough for me to enjoy it fully.
It was my first Picoult and if I didn't have more rings coming my way, I guess it would've been my last, too. But I've read that this book isn't too liked in the Picoult fan community, so I'll give her other books a try too.
Thanks Sonia for letting me read this.

Journal Entry 7 by Annadlx at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (9/8/2009 UTC) at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

will travel to earthcaroleanne this afternoon.
Save journey, dear book.

Journal Entry 8 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, September 14, 2009
Received this at the weekend. Unfortunately it arrived at the same time as another bookring book so I have a little backlog but it never takes me long to read Jodi Picoult. I'm really looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 9 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, October 19, 2009
Got to say I agree with the previous comments. Although I didn't hate the book, it is certainly not Jodi Picoult's best. I always look forward to the twist at the end and this didn't really have one and left me a little confused

Journal Entry 10 by wingearthcaroleannewing at bookcrosser, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (10/20/2009 UTC) at bookcrosser, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to Portugal now!

Journal Entry 11 by Jujuks on Sunday, November 01, 2009
The book arrived yesterday. I've just finished reading another book so I'll start on this one right away. Thanks for sendig it earthcaroleanne.

Journal Entry 12 by Jujuks on Saturday, November 07, 2009
I've just finished reading this book and while it isn't my favourite by Jodi Picoult I really enjoyed it. I personally don't believe in God but this book brought up some interesting points. If someone I cared deeply started saying things written on the Bible without ever reading it and performing miracles I'd certainly start having doubts.

Journal Entry 13 by Jujuks at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, November 09, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (11/9/2009 UTC) at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sent to top-tappser. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 14 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Rec'd today via the postman. Will get right to it after my current read.

Journal Entry 15 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Monday, December 14, 2009
Being a postal employee in December has stolen most of my reading time away. I will need a little extra time to finish this book. If that is not workable, please let me know. Thanks!

Journal Entry 16 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Tuesday, February 09, 2010
I love Picoult's writing, and once again a great book. But, I can never come to terms with her endings. They are lacking something. The next on the list does not answer pms or ISOs and second has asked to be skipped. So I will be sending this to the final person on the list. In Germany!

Journal Entry 17 by top-tappser at Bonney Lake, Postal Service -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, February 20, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/20/2010 UTC) at Bonney Lake, Postal Service -- Controlled Releases

Mailed on Thursday morning to Germany. Should be there soon!

Journal Entry 18 by winggrovalskiiwing from Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Saturday, February 27, 2010
Just got the book in the mail today. Will read it as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 19 by winggrovalskiiwing from Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Friday, March 19, 2010
This was a really good book - until the last page. Just like with the previous book I read by this author, I did not like the ending. I assume the author wants to keep the ending sort of open, for the reader to decide how it will continue, but I didn't even quite understand what was going on. It was written so vague. Really too bad, because the rest of the book was excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

This book will be mailed to fritzykatz as soon as I get her address.

Journal Entry 20 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (3/22/2010 UTC) at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany

mailed off to fritzykatz

Journal Entry 21 by fritzykatz at Hinterzarten, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, June 03, 2010
A book with an interesting idea; a girl who feels she is talking to God.

Journal Entry 22 by fritzykatz at Hinterzarten, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, June 10, 2010
This book is on its way to portugal.

Journal Entry 23 by silvia-pco at Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Monday, June 14, 2010
And here it is :) I'll pick it up as soon as possible - sounds like quite a read. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for sharing!

July 17th - I got caught up with some rings, and I still haven't had the chance to pick this up. However, I'm about to finish the book I'm currently reading, and this one will be next. It sounds like quite and interesting read, so hopefully I'll finish it pretty quickly :)

penelopewanders, can you please let me know where this book will go next? Does it go back home to you, or should I pass it on?

Journal Entry 24 by silvia-pco at Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Friday, July 30, 2010
This is the second book I've read by Jodi Picoult - my first was Plain Truth. One would think that a book based on religion and a girl that performs miracles wouldn't be the best read of all, but this is really an awesome book. It kept me hooked till the last page. The author builds the characters in an amazing way, and the story flows very well. The downside on the book, for me, was the ending. I agree with grovalskii when he/she says that it was a bit vague. But despite that, this is a great read.

Thanks for sharing, penelopewanders! I PMed you a couple of days ago regarding the future of this book, but got no reply... it's possible that you never got my message, so I'll try to reach you again.

Journal Entry 25 by silvia-pco at Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Saturday, August 21, 2010
The book's on its way to Releanna. I was owing you a book regarding the Kalman RABCK, and I hope you'll like this one. Happy reading :)

Journal Entry 26 by Releanna at Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Monday, August 23, 2010
thank you for this book!

Journal Entry 27 by Releanna at a fellow bookcrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (10/26/2011 UTC) at a fellow bookcrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

to reijorland