White as Snow (Fairy Tale Series)

by Tanith Lee | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by laevina of Denver, Colorado USA on 12/29/2007
Journal Entry 1 by laevina from Denver, Colorado USA on Saturday, December 29, 2007
White As Snow
Red As Blood

Journal Entry 2 by laevina at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (9/17/2009 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

off into the wild . . .
into the sci-fi fantasy bookbox it goes
see forum entry here - http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/6445090

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, September 24, 2009
I'm taking this handsome hardcover from Laevina's Fantasy/SF/Horror book box. [I find it hard to resist a Thomas Canty cover!] I've enjoyed Tanith Lee's work in the past, and I love "re-told" fairy tales, so this should be good.

Later: Hmmm. I can't fault the book for its violence, since that simply echoes (if in a more explicit and gruesome way) the episodes from the early tales on which the book is based. And I appreciated the interweavings of plots and characters from different myths, sometimes changing or expanding on the motivation of the characters. Yet it left me at a distance, somehow; "didn't grab me" would be the shorthand form, I guess. Glad I had a chance at it, anyway!

Released 9 yrs ago (10/4/2009 UTC) at Winchester Public Library, 80 Washington St in Winchester, Massachusetts USA

I plan to leave this book somewhere near the Winchester Public Library at around 1:15 or so - not too near, to avoid confusion over the library's own books. If there's a bench or other sheltered spot in the general area that's probably what I'll use. Hope the finder enjoys the book!

Later: I left the book as planned, though not at the front of the library; there was a lovely view of the grounds behind it, so I left the book (inside a plastic bag against the weather) on top of a stone wall at the left side of the library grounds.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, November 21, 2009
Both my wife and I read this book and enjoyed it quite a bit. The mix of mythology and the fairy tale was the favorite part. The violence was a bit much in my wife's opinion. It is definitly an adult version of the fairy tale and not for the young kids.

It was a lot of fun randomly discovering the book as we walked past the Winchester library. We plan to release it somewhere in Nashua, NH this evening.

CAUGHT IN WINCHESTER MASSACHUSETTS USA