Three Great Novels: "The Poet", "Blood Work", "Void Moon"

by Michael Connelly | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by perfect-circle of Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 12/27/2007
Journal Entry 1 by perfect-circle from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, December 27, 2007
Recieved as part of my International Secret Santa. I've read The Poet previously but I'm looking forward to the other two.

Journal Entry 2 by perfect-circle from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, May 28, 2009
I love Michael Connelly's books and whilst I've been enjoying the Harry Bosch novels, it's nice to take a break from them. I've read the Poet previously but reread it (discovering I remembered nothing along the way) and enjoyed it.

Blood Work wasn't quite as good. I like the way Connelly leaves little bits in to link to previous stories, even though they aren't linked in any real way, but I'm sure I've seen or read something with a similar plot to Blood Work and it just didn't feel quite right.

I enjoyed Void Moon, had a twist at the end I wasn't expecting and it was nice to have a non-FBI/police focussed story for a change.

Journal Entry 3 by perfect-circle at to a bookcrosser, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, November 12, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (11/12/2009 UTC) at to a bookcrosser, By Post -- Controlled Releases

December exchange. Michael Connelly is one of my favourite authors, so I hope you like this too.

Journal Entry 4 by calalilly from Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 03, 2009
What can I say Perfect-circle this is definitely going to keep me quiet for quite a while. Thank you so much. He's another new author for me although I have got a couple of books I believe on my shelf of his but must defintely get around to reading his books now. I will have to go to fan fiction to see if there's any order I should be reading them in or whether all his books are just stand alone novels. Thank you so much.