The Lollipop Shoes

by Joanne Harris | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by winglelliewing of Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on 12/26/2007
Journal Entry 1 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 26, 2007
One of three books in my Christmas stocking. I must have been a very good girl this year :)

Journal Entry 2 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, January 05, 2008
Oh I LOVED this one. Perfect after Christmas read and a real page turner. I love the magic in Joanne Harris's novels (and the chocolote) This one catches up with Vianne and Anouk after they left Lansequenet sous Tannes at the end of Chocolat.
Unreservedly reccomended.
I'm giving this to my non bookcrossing sister Susie to read, she will pass it to my mum and then I may well get it back to release all over again!

Journal Entry 3 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Friday, June 06, 2008
Starting a bookring!

17.mafarrimond (UK)
18.Jonniboi (UK)
19,TheDunedan (UK)

20....back to lellie

Journal Entry 4 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Sunday, August 03, 2008
My sister Susie gave this back to me today. It's been read by her and my mum and friends, Sue, Cath and Evna. Considering it has had 6 readers it's in remarkable condition!

I'll be posting this to raeliz probably tomorrow.
Enjoy everyone.

Journal Entry 5 by winglelliewing at Trimley, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, August 09, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (8/9/2008 UTC) at Trimley, Suffolk United Kingdom

Posted to raeliz64, to start the bookring.

Journal Entry 6 by raeliz64 from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Received today - thanks very much lellie, I'm really looking forward to reading this.

Journal Entry 7 by raeliz64 from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 28, 2008
Not quite as good as Chocolat, but still a very good read. Thanks again for sharing lellie.

Journal Entry 8 by raeliz64 from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, August 29, 2008
Posted to Jozebedee today.

Journal Entry 9 by Jozebedee from Nantwich, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 01, 2008
Received from raeliz64, and just in time as I was finishing another book!
Just started, and seems to be quite good so far!

Journal Entry 10 by Jozebedee from Nantwich, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 14, 2008
A friend bought me Chocolat for my birthday a couple of years ago and it sat on my shelf for ages. When I finally got round to reading it - I couldn't put it down!
I didn't really know what to expect from The Lollipop Shoes - but in my opinion it has been an even better read! Wow! I love the way the story is told by the different characters and it kept me on the edge of my seat constantly - a real page turner! And I LOVE the character of Zozie!
I wonder if Joanne Harris will write another book about them?
Thanks for sharing Lellie! ;-)

Sending the book off on its travels now to Bokwormy in Portugal!
Hope everyone enjoys the book as much as I did!!

Jozebedee
x

Journal Entry 11 by Jozebedee at lisboa, -- Por correio / mão própria -- Portugal on Sunday, September 14, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (9/14/2008 UTC) at lisboa, -- Por correio / mão própria -- Portugal

On it's way!!

Journal Entry 12 by BOKWORMY on Thursday, September 18, 2008
Just received it in the post thanks to jozebedee & a big thank-you to lellie for sharing it with me!

I've got a few bookrings before this one but I shall try to be quick.

X

Journal Entry 13 by BOKWORMY on Wednesday, October 01, 2008
I just loved The Lollipop Shoes just as good if not better than Cholocat. I found it a real page turner.

PMing next person for addy!

12.10.2008 - PMed Mallary once again for addy!

30.10.2008 - Since I didn't receive any reply to my PMs I'm PMing next person "Martjxox" for address.

Journal Entry 14 by BOKWORMY at on Monday, November 03, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (11/3/2008 UTC) at

On the way to martjxox in Italy!

Journal Entry 15 by Martjxox from Perugia, Umbria Italy on Monday, November 10, 2008
Got it on Saturday and am already reading it! I like Harris'style! I hope this is as good as Chocolate and 5 quarters of the orange, my favourite ever by her!!!!

Journal Entry 16 by Martjxox at Perugia, Umbria Italy on Thursday, November 27, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (11/26/2008 UTC) at Perugia, Umbria Italy

book on its way to dare2believe! sorry it took me longer than planned but was busy and couldn't enjoy this book as much as I hoped.
Thank you all the same bookmaster! ;-)

Journal Entry 17 by MSW-328650 on Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Arrived here! Read the first pages and it looks pretty interesting...We shall see...

Journal Entry 18 by MSW-328650 on Tuesday, December 09, 2008
I actually finished this three days ago, but I didn't have the time to log on and make an entry! I found The Lollipop shoes fascinating, a real page turner. I truly could not put down this book! My family wasn't pleased with me reading on breakfast, lunch and dinner and never finishing my plate!
I enjoyed the way the author didn't put Anuk's thoughts on a lower plane because she was a child, and the way when she showed Zozie's she didn't make them sound so wicked after all, leaving it to the reader to judge.

Passing on to Mallary soon! Hope she enjoys it as much as I did.

P.S. Wasn't the picture of Zozie wearing hearts impressive?

Journal Entry 19 by Mallary from Ginestas, Languedoc-Roussillon France on Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Thanks for sending this to me, I can't wait to get started!

Journal Entry 20 by Mallary from Ginestas, Languedoc-Roussillon France on Sunday, January 18, 2009
Fantastic! I loved this book!
I found the beginning a little confusing but I soon started to understand who-was-who, etc and then I couldn't put it down!
Thanks for sharing lellie.
Pming afraberg for her addy.

Journal Entry 21 by Mallary from Ginestas, Languedoc-Roussillon France on Monday, January 19, 2009
afraberg says she has already read this book and asks to be skipped.
Pming chambejd for her address instead.

Journal Entry 22 by Mallary at Ginestas, Languedoc-Roussillon France on Thursday, January 22, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (1/22/2009 UTC) at Ginestas, Languedoc-Roussillon France

On it's way to chambejd in the US.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 23 by chambejd from Millbury, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, January 29, 2009
It's here!! I'm so looking forward to reading it! Thanks!

ETA on Mar. 3, 2009: I'm really enjoying the book! I'm on page 470/572 so I should be done with it soon.

Journal Entry 24 by chambejd from Millbury, Massachusetts USA on Friday, March 06, 2009
I finally finished this book today. I really enjoyed the story but I think I still liked Chocolat better. This book reminded me of Harris' Gentlemen and Players how you have someone seeking revenge and it building up to one incident and then the ending just kind of falls flat. Regardless, I can see how there could be a third book and I'd certainly be interested in reading it.

Thanks for sharing this book with me. It will be in the mail tomorrow.

Journal Entry 25 by tempestsans from Canton, Georgia USA on Monday, March 09, 2009
arrived safely today. perfect timing as i just finished the only other ring/ray currently on TBR last night so i'll be able to jump into this one after dinner tonight!

thanks for sharing. will PM flossie for her address tonight as well in hopes of being done and able to pass it along this weekend when i go to mail off the other ring!

Released 10 yrs ago (3/18/2009 UTC) at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

thoroughly enjoyed this next installment in the story of the lives of Vianne Rocher and little Anouk. i've loved everything i've read by Joanne Harris so far and was glad to see this one available. as if the story and characters are not enough nourishment for the soul, she always includes such vivid imagery in terms of her taste and smell descriptions that i feel like i've been completely immersed in the world of her story.

this will go off to the next in the ring (flossie771 i believe) on wednesday this week. had hoped to get it out in today's mail but have not felt well this week and have slept at times i might otherwise have been reading and enjoying this treasure.

thanks again for offering it up as a ring/ray!

Journal Entry 27 by Flossie771 from Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Monday, March 23, 2009
Received this book today along with a bag of tea...thanks tempestsans.

Journal Entry 28 by Flossie771 at Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Monday, March 30, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/30/2009 UTC) at Villa Rica, Georgia USA

mailed to the next person on the list today

Journal Entry 29 by Stacers1973 from Gladstone, Oregon USA on Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Came in the mail today, looking forward to starting it tonight. :) Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 30 by Stacers1973 at Gladstone, Oregon USA on Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/5/2009 UTC) at Gladstone, Oregon USA

Shipped off to Sunfi today ... thank you for the opportunity, life has just stalled my reading and I couldn't get past page 100. I felt like I had it long enough and it should move on though, so off it went earlier today. Enjoy and Happy Bookcrossing :)

Journal Entry 31 by sunfi from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Just caught this one in Ohio, I have a few rings/rays ahead of this but I'll get it on its way as soon as I can.

15 Jun 09 - Finally got to this one
19 Jun 09 - I can't get into this one and I'm ready to pass it onto the next reader as soon as I receive their mailing address.

Journal Entry 32 by sunfi at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (6/30/2009 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA

Skipped the next reader as she didn't respond to my PM and I believe she is no longer an active BCer, so I sent this off to cartergirl97. It should arrive in the next few weeks.

Journal Entry 33 by cartergirl97 from New Haven, Michigan USA on Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Just got this in the mail after waiting over a year! It is being put in my tbr pile, so it is now next in line. :)

Journal Entry 34 by cartergirl97 from New Haven, Michigan USA on Monday, July 20, 2009
I am not a fan of this book. It was hard to get into. As soon as I get an address, I am sending it on to the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 35 by cartergirl97 from New Haven, Michigan USA on Sunday, February 21, 2010
Sent to Spaceystacy last week.

Journal Entry 36 by spaceystacey from Bridgeton, New Jersey USA on Monday, February 22, 2010
Received in the post today. Will be reading during the month of March and then fowarding on to the next reader on the list tostle.

I have already pm'ed for the address.

Finished reading on the cruise in April. Posted out to Tostle at the beginning of May 6? 7? eNJOY.

Journal Entry 37 by tostle from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, May 19, 2010
I received this today. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 38 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, July 06, 2010
I enjoyed reading this book...it took me awhile to remember Chocolat...but it was a nice story! Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 39 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, August 05, 2010
I loved reading this book and cannot tell if I ever made a journal entry. Forgive me for taking so long. I will pm the next reader and get this book on the road!
Thanks for sharing. The book is getting a bit ragged, so I will mend it a bit.

Journal Entry 40 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, August 13, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (8/13/2010 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

This book is on it's way to mafarrimond. Happy travels!

Journal Entry 41 by mafarrimond at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, September 24, 2010
the book has arrived safely. I will read as soon as possible

Journal Entry 42 by mafarrimond at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, October 01, 2010
It was lovely catching up with Vianne Rocher and her daughter Anouk. The additional characters were a delight.

Journal Entry 43 by mafarrimond at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, October 02, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (10/4/2010 UTC) at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom

Posting on.

Journal Entry 44 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, October 07, 2010
I cannot wait to read this will pm next person in line!

Journal Entry 45 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 24, 2010
This took me much longer than I thought. I decided to read "Chocolat" - the 1st book, and I read that super quick (normally how I eat chocolate). However thi book took me 2 weeks to read, which is AGES for me, and therefore it felt like it was how I heard some people eat chocolate by saving it and letting it melt in your mouth and also savour the chocolate. So each book made me read it in a different way. But they both were AMAZING, and I thank you loads for putting me on the list, thank you, thank you, thank you!