A Thousand Splendid Suns

by Khaled Hosseini | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Irishthree of Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania USA on 12/24/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Irishthree from Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, December 24, 2007
I liked this book-- it was both literate and entertaining. I haven't read Hossein's first book, but this one was worth the read. As per a request in the book wish list, I am sending it out to philomom in Oregon... so if you'd like to read it, let her know. I'm sure she'll pass it on!

Journal Entry 2 by philomom from Portland, Oregon USA on Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Dear Irishthree sent this book to me. I needed it for my ladies book club and could not afford to buy it this time. Thanks ever so much to her for helping me out!

I liked the book very much. I'm unsure as to whether or not I would have picked it up on my own but I'm glad to have read it. The characters were believable and I learned much about the culture of this place. Despite the violence and cruelty dealt the women in the book, it does have a moderately "happy" ending.

I'm holding this book for a week or two so it can pass by hand to fungirl503, one of our "big" Portland Bxers. I'm positive she'll have this book on the move after she reads it.

Thanks again to Irishthree for her generosity.

Journal Entry 3 by philomom from Portland, Oregon USA on Sunday, January 20, 2008
Passing to a Portland Bxer today in person.

Journal Entry 4 by philomom at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, Rabck in Portland, Oregon USA on Sunday, January 20, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (1/20/2008 UTC) at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, Rabck in Portland, Oregon USA

Handed to fungirl503 in person.

Journal Entry 5 by fungirl503 from Portland, Oregon USA on Sunday, January 20, 2008
I got this book today and had a wonderful visit with philomom I will read and send the book out into the world one day soon...thanks for fulling my wish list with this book :)

Journal Entry 6 by fungirl503 from Portland, Oregon USA on Monday, December 01, 2008
the past thirty years Afghanistan a story were family lives struggle to survive war and find happiness awhile the post Taliban rebuilding. Going to another bookcrosser

Journal Entry 7 by fungirl503 at -- Mail, by hand, rings, RABCks etc, Oregon USA on Monday, December 01, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (12/1/2008 UTC) at -- Mail, by hand, rings, RABCks etc, Oregon USA

going to another bookcrosser

Journal Entry 8 by buffy25 from Moncton, New Brunswick Canada on Thursday, March 26, 2009
Recieved from fungirl503.thanks again.

Journal Entry 9 by Simico at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Tuesday, August 11, 2015
First time in a while I got to read a novel purely for entertainment. It was quite an easy and enjoyable read. It took me no time at all to finish reading and now has me interested in learning more about the history of Afghanistan.