Vineland

by Thomas Pynchon | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by okyrhoe of Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on 12/22/2007
Journal Entry 1 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Saturday, December 22, 2007
I've had Vineland at home for years and haven't yet been able to get to it. B000NPPDOU

Journal Entry 2 by okyrhoe at 3rd Greek BookCrossing Convention in Chania, Chania Greece on Thursday, April 17, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (5/1/2008 UTC) at 3rd Greek BookCrossing Convention in Chania, Chania Greece

This book will be released during the «Mazoksi» in Chania, Crete for the 3rd Greek Bookcrossing Convention from May 1 to May 4 2008.

During this time, many books will be released in various locations around Chania, so that the books may travel and find new readers.

Happy Travels dear book!

Journal Entry 3 by cat207 from Gladstone, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, April 30, 2008
I scored this from okyrhoe before the Convention started. Another from the '1001 Books...' list. Thank you.

Journal Entry 4 by cat207 from Gladstone, Queensland Australia on Friday, August 29, 2008
I had a couple of stop / starts with this one but finally forced myself to finish it. And I still don't understand a lot of what I've read.

Thanks for the opportunity, okyrhoe. I hope all is well with you. X

Journal Entry 5 by cat207 from Gladstone, Queensland Australia on Monday, September 29, 2008
I am delivering this to davemurray101 after work tomorrow, so it can continue its journey.

Journal Entry 6 by davemurray101 from Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Handed to today by Cat207. Looking forward to this one. thanks to Cat

Journal Entry 7 by davemurray101 from Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Friday, December 05, 2008
A rather unusual novel. Four different narratives around a hippy community.

Journal Entry 8 by davemurray101 from Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Friday, December 05, 2008
Now a 1001 INTL Bookray

1. WigglyWoods (uk)
2. lucy-lemon (uk)
3. fushmush (uk)
4. caroley (uk)
5. Natgirl101 (Can)
6. FreePages (au)
7. dolphin-au (au)

-- then return to me before being rayed forwards --

1. Tubereader (Lux)

Journal Entry 9 by davemurray101 at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (12/23/2008 UTC) at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sent to WigglyWoods today by mail.

Journal Entry 10 by WigglyWoods from Chorley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Arrived today, thankyou Dave and thanks for the lovely card.

Journal Entry 11 by WigglyWoods at NSS, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, January 16, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (1/16/2009 UTC) at NSS, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Thanks for the opportunity to read this, posting on to Lucy-Lemon today.

Journal Entry 12 by lucy-lemon from Llandudno, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, January 25, 2009
This arrived a few days ok - thanks! I've got a couple of things to read first and then I'll get stuck into this one.

5th March
I've tried and tried to read this, but I just can't manage to drag myself past page 5! I'm sending this on to Caroley next, as fushmush asked to be skipped.

Journal Entry 13 by Caroley from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, March 07, 2009
Received today, thanks Lucy.

I love the jacket on this! It's making me want to dive straight into the book, but I have a couple of other rings to read first.

Journal Entry 14 by Caroley from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, March 15, 2009
I finished this earlier today and to be honest, after spending the last few days reading it, I'm still not quite sure what to make of it. Some parts of it really engaged me but some lost me completely.

The bits that engaged me I did enjoy, but a lot of the book left me slightly bemused. But, that's another one ticked off the 1001 list so thanks for sharing it with us Dave.

It's packed up and is ready to go to the post office, but having just checked the postage costs online, I fear it will have to go surface mail as the airmail cost is just too expensive for a book of this size. Apologies for slowing down the bookring by doing this.

Journal Entry 15 by Caroley at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, March 16, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/16/2009 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Posted to Canada today, via surface mail.

Journal Entry 16 by Natgirl101 from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, May 30, 2009
i need a few more pges then im done! i will send it to the next person when i can,

Journal Entry 17 by FreePages from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, October 05, 2009

Vineland is back in Australia!

It seems to be a much larger book then I thought it would be, but what an interesting cover, like Caroley, I'd like to dive straight into it, but this one will have to go in it's place in the queue.

Thanks to Natgirl101 for sending it on.

Journal Entry 18 by Natgirl101 from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, December 26, 2009
sent out

Journal Entry 19 by FreePages from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, December 28, 2009

ummh, Natgirl01 this book might have been confused with another?!
I still have it and hope to get to it soon.
It is sitting at about 3rd in the queue at the moment.

Journal Entry 20 by FreePages at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, July 15, 2011
Oh my gosh!!
I can't believe I still have this book! I'm bit more then half way through.
It's a great book but my eyes have been giving me heaps of trouble and it's been slow going with the fine print. Never mind how the rest of life seems to get in the way.
I will get it to you dolphin-au.
Thanks for your enduring patience!

Journal Entry 21 by FreePages at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, February 03, 2018
A book that disappeared into the back of the bookshelf for a while.
Vines must have grown over it!

I could never get into it from unreliable memory. Just not my thing.
One on the 1001 list that has defeated me.

Contacting dolphin-au to see if they still want it.

Journal Entry 22 by winggoldenwattlewing at Fyshwick, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, February 23, 2019
Picked up at the Bookcrossing meet at Capital Brewing Co in Fyshwick, ACT.

Journal Entry 23 by winggoldenwattlewing at Lighthouse in Ulladulla, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (7/10/2019 UTC) at Lighthouse in Ulladulla, New South Wales Australia

Left at the door to the lighthouse, Ulladulla, NSW.

If you take this book the previous readers would really appreciate if you could please log your find. That way we can all follow the book's journey. Bookcrossing is spam free and your details are private, or you can log the find anonymously. Thank you and enjoy the read.

To the finder, enjoy, and I hope you will write a journal entry so that previous readers will know that this book has been found (even anonymously). It is always a joy to find where it has gone. Once you've read this book, pass it on to a friend, or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did.
You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining please consider using - Goldenwattle as your referrer.
When you pass this book along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it. Thank you.

More information on BookCrossing