Crazy Hot (Book #1 in Steele Street series)

by Tara Janzen | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 12/10/2007
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, December 10, 2007

Book #1 in Steele Street series:

About the book:

Regan McKinney, a studious paleontologist, isn't exactly accustomed to a life of high crime. But when a mysterious note from her missing grandfather leads her to a secret surveillance site maintained by a notorious special-ops task force, and headed by a smoldering ex-fighter pilot, even Regan can't resist the chase.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, December 10, 2007
This is one of the best Romantic Suspense authors I have found in the last several years! I strongly urge you to try reading one of her books, if you like Romantic Suspense. I don't think you will be disappointed!

I am going to offer this as a Book Spiral.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, December 12, 2007
This is an International Book Spiral for The Steele Street Series by: Tara Janzen

Book Spiral started on: January 3, 2008

Crazy Sweet (Book 5)
Crazy Love (Book 6)
On the Loose (Book 7)
Cutting Loose (Book 8)

1. When you receive book, please make a journal entry.
2. PM the next person on the list for their address. (Always check to make sure the list hasn’t changed.) Make sure the person is able to take the book.
3. After you read the book, tell us what you thought of the book.
4. Send the person before you a PM and they will mail the next book to you.
5. When you mail the book, make another journal entry to let us know.
6. Try to keep the book for only a month. If you are having trouble please PM me or e-mail me.: j.chaban@comcast.net.
7. If you see anyone on this list who is a known staller of bookrings please let me know that too!
8. At the end the book will come back to me, so if you are the last on the list, let me know and you can send back to me.
9. Most importantly have fun and enjoy the book!! Thank you!

JennyC1230

Book Spiral Participants:

1. babsdotter/Intl. (US)
2. nikel27/Intl. (Germany)
3. Moonwoolf/Intl. (Portugal)
4. silvia-pco/Intl. (Portugal)
5. Annadlx/Intl. (Germany)

BunnyLady/U.S. only (Wisconsin) *asked to be skipped*
6. KimbyZ/U.S. only (Illinois)
7. dastephan6 (Massachusetts)
8. clawdette/US only (Louisiana)

Back to JennyC1230! <--Book is here!

Released 11 yrs ago (1/3/2008 UTC) at through the mail in US Postal Service, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to babsdotter today to start the Book Spiral! USPS Delivery Confirmation #03070020000131411250

I hope everyone enjoys this Book Spiral! :-)

Journal Entry 5 by babsdotter from Sparta, Missouri USA on Monday, January 07, 2008
It arrived today. Looks fun. I'll read it as soon as I finish the one I'm on. Thanks Jenny.

Journal Entry 6 by babsdotter from Sparta, Missouri USA on Sunday, January 20, 2008
A bit more romance than i'm used to. But I like the characters, and the idea of Steele Street is good. The action was definitely fast in the end. Pming nikel27 to pass it on

Journal Entry 7 by babsdotter from Sparta, Missouri USA on Friday, January 25, 2008
off to nike127 in germany

Journal Entry 8 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Sunday, February 03, 2008
arrived safe at my house, 1 more BookRing to read and I can start here.

update:
Great read, thanks for sharing this book with me, looking forward to read the next in this spiral.

Journal Entry 9 by nikel27 at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (3/14/2008 UTC) at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy the book, and pass along.

Journal Entry 10 by Moonwoolf from Azambuja, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Saturday, April 05, 2008
It arrived! :) After reading i will say something.

17-04-2008= Sarted reading today. Had some rings to finish, but now i'm reading this one. :)

02-05-2008= This book was a good book. It was a diferent way of suspense, at least of what i'm used to... Thank you for sharing and sending :)

Journal Entry 11 by Moonwoolf at on Monday, May 12, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (5/12/2008 UTC) at

Traveling to the bookshelf of Silvia-pco. :)

Journal Entry 12 by silvia-pco from Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Arrived today :) Thanks!

Journal Entry 13 by silvia-pco from Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Sunday, August 31, 2008
And I finished it, finally!
I loved the book. The story is really intense and catchy, so as the characters. I'll start "devouring" Crazy Cool right away, and hope it'll be just as interesting :)

Journal Entry 14 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Thursday, September 04, 2008
Crazy Hot has arrived!
It'll have to be patient until I finish with my current >1000 pages novel. I'll hurry but I probably won't be able to send it on until the end of this month. Please be patient and understanding. Thanks!!

Thanks silvia_pco for sending it along my way.

Edit September 30, 2008:
a couple hundred pages away from finishing up my current read. Hope to be able to start this at the beginning of next week.

Edit October 6, 2008:
started reading

Journal Entry 15 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Thursday, October 09, 2008
I finished reading this crazy and hot story last night. It was a really quick read which was probably due to the fast action and sex scenes.
I enjoyed this read, even though it's one of those books where heroine and hero find eternal, everlasting love in a matter of a day or maybe days. It had to be done like this and it has some background story that helps making this more believable, but still... I thought it a little too much.
The other introduced characters make me wanna continue this series. Lots of hot guys - warrior type... yeah... have the next one coming!

Journal Entry 16 by Annadlx at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 09, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (10/9/2008 UTC) at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

will mail this today.
Have a great journey, dear book!

Journal Entry 17 by KimbyZ from Westmont, Illinois USA on Saturday, October 18, 2008
I received this the other day in the mail. Thanks for sharing it! I've just started it... so far it's a fun read.

Journal Entry 18 by KimbyZ from Westmont, Illinois USA on Tuesday, November 04, 2008
The sexiest book that I've read since back in high school... Harold Robbins.
This is Janzen's debut novel and some how this is not the final edit so there are copy errors. It's a little strange getting use to her style, written from multiple perspectives.
There were so many characters’ names to remember that it was a bit confusing. You're introduced to some of the characters during the prologue in the form of a letter replying to a request to assemble a special operations team for the government... Name, rank, and a brief background are given for a list of (impossibly hot) men who are later referred to by rank, first name, sometimes last name, or even by nickname. To top that off the cars they drive have names.
If you're looking for entertainment (without high expectations) this is a pretty good story with some very steamy parts. I hope over time the author will smooth out some of her rough edges but I liked the characters well enough to be looking forward to the next book in this series.

Journal Entry 19 by KimbyZ at Westmont, Illinois USA on Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (11/3/2008 UTC) at Westmont, Illinois USA

It's on it's way to dastephan6! Thanks for the bookring Jenny! And thanks Anna for sending this on to me. :D

Journal Entry 20 by dastephan6 from Lawrence, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, November 12, 2008
got this book today. will read it next.

Journal Entry 21 by dastephan6 from Lawrence, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, December 04, 2008
the action starts fast and stays fast. regan and quinn reunite and things fire up quickly. while i knew that they would fall in love, there were still a few surprises.

Journal Entry 22 by dastephan6 at Bookrelay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, December 04, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (12/4/2008 UTC) at Bookrelay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

being sent to Thibodaux, LA, as part of a book spiral

Journal Entry 23 by clawdette from Houma, Louisiana USA on Thursday, December 11, 2008
recieved today, will begin reading now..will journal when done

Journal Entry 24 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, January 09, 2009
This book made it back home! Thanks to everyone for making it a successful bookring! :-) I am sending out Crazy Wild soon...